Show Us Your MIDI Setup!

live control with midi devices

Show Us Your MIDI Setup!

Postby CHR1155 » 11 May 2015, 15:46

Hey guys!

I have been running a lightshow for a few months now using a launchpad and it is a god send, so much easier than clicking on/off with a mouse!

I'm interested in seeing other peoples setups to see if I can improve my own! My biggest problem I have is having so many buttons assigned for just the par cans (2 rows each for 2 sets of parcans) So if i can learn anything from you guys it would be awesome!

Cheers,
Chris

p.s Ill throw a picture of my setup soon!
CHR1155

Re: Show Us Your MIDI Setup!

Postby zkflow » 22 May 2015, 22:44

Concept using Korg NANOKONTROL 2 If you have questions about how i label this... (specially TST = Test Scene, moving heads in middle and white, for testing my patch :mrgreen: )
Attachments
MODE.jpg
MODE.jpg (136.18 KiB) Viewed 19533 times
zkflow

Postby dj spiff » 12 June 2015, 18:03

Hello, I think may have the same ideas in a lot of ways.

Here is my layout called "La Mujer". This relies on some special techniques. For ideas, You can download the show that I use with it here:

http://www.spiffsmpo.com/LightingDesign.html

Check out pixels if you download this show. I have included numerous pixels projects using pallets gleaned from http://www.colourlovers.com. Easily evident is my special technique for handling CMY fixtures to make them behave the same as the RGB fixtures.

The Software's use of MIDI is a truly incredible feature. Now with MIDI sends, I can trigger video software, lasers, or really anything from the live screen. Beautiful!

I used a Korg NanoKontrol for a few years experimenting. I miss the ability to set up the controller with the APC40. The Korg is very configurable. Play around with using "Flash" buttons in live with latching buttons on the controller. Careful though. It can get to where it's very hard to use without controller, and you know what happens if it gets unplugged...

Make it bright,
Spiff
Attachments
La Mujer APC40 layout.jpg
I have other postings about La Mujer. She's a beauty.
La Mujer APC40 layout.jpg (56.79 KiB) Viewed 19432 times
dj spiff

Postby Doggman » 20 August 2015, 01:38

Hey,
How did you assign colors to the knobs? that would be HUGE for me. I have your project and the controller only 6 moving heads and 4 pars but I would love to ask you a few questions. Send me an email if you have the time. claydoggett401"at"yahoo.com (replace "at" by @).
Thanks
Doggman

Postby zkflow » 12 September 2015, 21:24

its easy... you only need to set up a scene with a colour in each step... then you only put as a prset button, map it to your midi knob... and thats it!
zkflow

Postby CHR1155 » 14 September 2015, 16:29

Thanks to alot of help from Earl Harvey finally have my double midi controller setup sorted!

Be interesting to know what further changes are coming up with the next update aswell, especially midi related! Can you shed any light on it @support?

CHR1155

Postby Bonifacedj » 26 September 2015, 19:17

CHR1155 wrote:Thanks to alot of help from Earl Harvey finally have my double midi controller setup sorted!

Amazing!
So with two midi controllers you can work with buttons one and two in Live at the same time.
Wish, as a DJ, i could do the same. Would already be happy when getting one launchpad working.
I have no experience at all with launchpad's, but you seem to use those from novation. > http://us.novationmusic.com/launch/launchpad#

Some tips for getting started would be appreciated. Which novation launchpad to buy, the pro or the mini?
And how to do the midi controller setup?
Can i use a button for beat-tap sync?
Is there a manual somewhere?

regards.
Bonifacedj

Postby zkflow » 14 October 2015, 16:22

CHR1155 wrote:Thanks to alot of help from Earl Harvey finally have my double midi controller setup sorted!

Be interesting to know what further changes are coming up with the next update aswell, especially midi related! Can you shed any light on it @support?

very cool setup!!! its that a touchscreen? if it is... great adition!
zkflow

Postby Bonifacedj » 14 October 2015, 16:33

meanwhile i bought the Akai APC mini... works great!
I got started.
Only thing i'm wondering now is how to work with two Akai's and one Apple-Mac laptop.
Bonifacedj

Postby Diego Lights » 12 January 2016, 02:52

hello I would like you to help me try to use two MIDI controllers, but still can not
Please, help me
Diego Lights

Next

Return to Midi