Blackout

live control with midi devices

Blackout

Postby mondinga » 04 March 2015, 00:25

There needs to be an option create a blackout and assign it to a button on a midi controller. I know I can do this manually, but there should be an easier way.
mondinga

Re: Blackout

Postby support » 04 March 2015, 07:40

Create a "one step" scene with all channels set to value "0".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mondinga » 04 March 2015, 19:58

Yes, I know I can do that. I guess I would like to make a feature request in Version 8. There should be a more universal way of doing it, rather than having to create and update a scene for every fixture you patch into your show. That may just be my opinion.

Tku
mondinga

Postby JohnRichards » 05 March 2015, 21:41

I would think it would be difficult for the programmers to create a "Blackout" that would suit everyone.
I prefer creating my own "Blackouts", as I would not want every dmx channel to return to 0, as this could affect positioning of moving-head fixtures that would need to be in the same position after the "Blackout".
John
JohnRichards

Postby Lighter007 » 07 March 2015, 23:52

I think a blackout function is one must-have feature. I do understand you, John, but I still would prefer a general blackout for all DMX Channels and you can be sure that all channels are set to 0 when you activate it (no flash button!). All the other blackouts for movers etc you can create yourself, as it´s written here before.

Lighter007
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Postby Pink LD » 10 March 2015, 05:53

I have too many different styles of blackouts so just building a single scene single looped blackout of every channel to 0 is pretty easy to do.

Not to mention you can keyboard trigger an instant Global blackout by pressing Ctrl+Shift and a letter.

Personally I use "z" because it is close to Ctrl & Shift. And as an added bonus I also have "z" trigger a scene that homes all my moving fixtures in a 1 loop 3 minute scene. I chose 3 minutes because because my performers rarely talk more than 3 minutes between songs and the home scene will shut off somewhere in the next song. And since LTP any commands I give to my movers while "z" is still on is overidden. Plus I want the "z" triggered home scene to have timed out before I need to Ctrl+Shift+z again.
Pink LD

Postby mondinga » 16 June 2015, 05:29

Since this was posted, I went ahead and created a scene that blacks out my lights. I edit it needed to include the lights that need to be blacked out. I also have different black outs for specific fixture groups and one black out for everything. So this part works fine.

I have also assigned blackouts to buttons on my midi controller. I have an Akai MPD16 and an Elation Midicon. It works, simply put.

...but I have noticed that the black out speed is a bit slow. When I press blackout, I want the black out to pop, not fade. I am pretty sure its not a performance issue with my computer, because I have tried it on various computers, even my new Lenovo that I just bought a couple of weeks ago.

Is this just a midi thing? :?:
mondinga

Postby BartKrap » 06 June 2016, 21:54

Are you sure you have your channels on 'snap' mode instead of 'fade' mode?
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Return to Midi