Multiple Device ID number

live control with midi devices

Multiple Device ID number

Postby Earl Harvey » 26 January 2015, 09:53

Recently purchesed a second Novation Launchpad mini to use with SX...
Assigned it a different Device ID but still triggers the same triggers as the first one

Does SX recognize Device IDs?
Earl Harvey

Re: Multiple Device ID number

Postby support » 26 January 2015, 10:50

No, it does not.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Earl Harvey » 26 January 2015, 13:42

Noted... Thanks!
Earl Harvey

Postby Earl Harvey » 28 January 2015, 14:31

Any chance a future update could include this?
It sure would expand possibilities :idea:
Earl Harvey

Postby support » 28 January 2015, 15:00

This is noted.
But we still try to not postpone V8.
The best choice is to see that after first release of V8 (there is presently no date for V8).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Earl Harvey » 28 January 2015, 15:34

Thanks! Looking foward with much anticipation for V8 !
Earl Harvey

Postby Pink LD » 28 January 2015, 18:46

Earl,
I know at some point I plan to pick your brain over the phone about midi devices, but this sounds like a good idea. It wouldn't work for everything I do but I am sure I would find plenty of other ways to use it.

Albeit I have a 2 LD setup for touring with a house fixture LD and a tour fixtures LD. And for redundancy we each use a separate PC, with a backup PC, and the ability to run the entire show on 1 PC, if necessary, but the twin touch screens would be limited to 1 touch only at a time per multiple screens
(As opposed to each touchscreen having one touch per PC/touchscreen)

But I can get usually up to 4 triggers via a keyboard, and with a wing console via that old USB-DMX box hub as many bumps and faders as I can push. But what about midi wings ?Can you hit multiple buttons?
Pink LD

Postby Earl Harvey » 28 January 2015, 22:44

yes you can!
Not sure what the MIDI polyphonic count is with SX but im sure its more than 16 at 1 time...
Currently have 2 x 72 button controllers MIDIed w SX...
Ive held off on a controller w faders until after some of the industry trade shows to see if anything tickles the fancy with more than 8 motorized faders...
Until we can resolve the multiple Device issue (which there is a work around using outside software to transpose the MIDI transmit channel)
this is partly not SX's fault because some manufactures wont allow the user to change the MIDI map (Similar to DMX fixture mapping)
that and anything smaller than a 60mm fader is just a on/off switch to me... Ha!
Holler anytime Ashley! you also have some insights I would like to grasp... like how did the Sea Chickins make it to the Superbowl! WTF!
Earl Harvey

Postby Pink LD » 28 January 2015, 22:54

Because we have a coach that has a decade long history of piss poor clock management. By my understanding he left of 256 seconds on the table, combined with not going on 4th and goal on the one, sitting down on a late game interception, Bostick not letting the onside kick go to Jordy, and not letting Rodgers pass for 1st downs to chew up more clock than late game runs and 3 and outs.

But besides that? 8 faders would be a limitation for more, I prefer 16 or 24. Though with paging I could setup 8 faders to my needs on each page.

Still in the long term if I can get multi-touch support from the SX software I would run the show by twin touchscreens from one PC with plural input keyboards (One keyboard in all caps, the other in lower case so I would have 52 keyboard shortcuts at my fingers), And I would love dual midi input support.
One PC, two LD's, and twin multi-touch screens all spec'd like I just stated? That is what I was hoping to do when I bought the tech to go all touch.
Pink LD

Postby Earl Harvey » 28 January 2015, 23:03

for less than $100, you would defiantly benefit from a Novation Launchpad Mini... and they are a breeze to hitch up to SX now that a few avenues have been paved...
Earl Harvey

Return to Midi