AKAI APC MINI - Ideas for this device

live control with midi devices

AKAI APC MINI - Ideas for this device

Postby zkflow » 16 December 2014, 17:12

Well... i'm going to buy a new controller.... yes, i'm still using my old nanokontrol and still rocks!!! but i need MORE options... so.. if you are going to buy the apc mini, this is my concept about how to put all your stuff

what do you think? ideas? changes? thanks for your comments :D

apc mini.jpg
my concept
apc mini.jpg (148.16 KiB) Viewed 18558 times
zkflow

Re: AKAI APC MINI - Ideas for this device

Postby support » 17 December 2014, 08:33

Thank you for this report.
This configuration looks perfect for us (software side).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Earl Harvey » 17 December 2014, 13:47

Concerned that clip launch buttons will only transmit MIDI note on.. I'm not sure but the buttons may be non assignable...
May I suggest comparing the APC Mini with:
Novation Launch Control XL and a Launch Pad Mini
Earl Harvey

Postby zkflow » 18 December 2014, 02:20

Earl Harvey wrote:Concerned that clip launch buttons will only transmit MIDI note on.. I'm not sure but the buttons may be non assignable...
May I suggest comparing the APC Mini with:
Novation Launch Control XL and a Launch Pad Mini

The launch control XL would be great... but for me.. many knobs wasted :(
zkflow

Postby zkflow » 18 December 2014, 02:21

support wrote:Thank you for this report.
This configuration looks perfect for us (software side).

Idea for next software: Suggetions (like the one i uploaded) about configurations using various devices...
zkflow

Postby zkflow » 08 October 2015, 22:37

great!!! the APC MINI must be the perfect device for showxpress
zkflow

Postby jcasi » 03 February 2016, 23:32

I am curious if there are any other lessoned learned on the APC Mini to get maximum use and versatility out of it. I have a couple moving heads and a full set of LED's. Just got the MINI and trying to think through what would be the best way, for example, having a button for each color and not programing colors into the scenes for the heads, maybe movements only, that would tie up a lot of my buttons however ( I could use a couple scenes and program the colors as steps, and use the steps slider not the scene, but would then have to manually adjust that slider on the computer). Maybe using one slider to control universal speed of the movements? (My fixtures have a channel for that).

If an APC mini slider is set at 50% and you click a new scene does the sliders value stay in tact? I imagine if you create the scene too not have that channel activated it would, but if the scene had the channel used you may need to then move the fader after the scene to override the scene value for that channel?

Appreciate any insight on what you guys have learned that makes for a flexible set up in general. I know I will be spending hours reprogramming the new board and lights (I had the launchpad prior, I really like the fader option just for bringing the front lights on and off after a song).

I used steps a lot, I really wish there was a "next step", "previous step" option for any scenes that are active that have step sliders, could really randomize a show that way. I wouldn't think it would be that tough with the freeze an pause functions already almost doing it.
jcasi

Return to Midi