Midi Out Data Wheel for Midicon

live control with midi devices

Midi Out Data Wheel for Midicon

Postby aurasystems » 04 December 2014, 23:54

Hello all,

Could use a little help. I am using Showxpress with a midi con. I have reviewed the proper tutorial steps on using the midi out feature. However, I am having trouble assigning the data wheel to control dimming parameters, etc. Is this possible? If so, could anyone shine some light on how to do it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
aurasystems

Re: Midi Out Data Wheel for Midicon

Postby support » 05 December 2014, 11:33

Please give more details.
Then we could have a chance to be able to help you.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby aurasystems » 05 December 2014, 18:18

I am using ShowXpress for Windows V. 7.1.23 with an Elation Midicon.

I would like to use the midi out function to assign certain parameters to help speed up programming. For example:

In editor, I would like to be able to select a fixture and then proceed to adjust the X & Y axis using the jog wheel. Or alternatively, I would like to be able to adjust the RGB functions or dimmer. Rather that using the mouse to click and adjust the settings, I wanted to save time by using the board instead.

Another thing I would like to be able to do is to adjust the light output of a group of lights, such as a group of Qspots, in a live setting. I envision being in a scene and adjusting the light output of the scene using a fader.

Please let me know what other details I may be missing. So far we have been able to cue up scenes using midi, but that is all. We are looking to do more and the resources that we have seen online don't pertain to the most recent software release.

Thank you,
aurasystems

Postby support » 05 December 2014, 23:02

The midi in & out management in our software is available only for live using (tab "Live"), and not for programming (tab "Editor").

In Live, you can patch midi faders/wheels to buttons, presets, dimmer, speed and master faders.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Midi