midi out not working

live control with midi devices

midi out not working

Postby visualvoodoo » 12 June 2014, 13:01

Hi there. I have done all the settings correctly for midi and midi out. I am using an apc20 and the midi will activate a scene in live just fine when triggered by the controller. However the button will not stay lit. If I select the scene via the pc however it will activate the light on the corresponding button on the apc20. Also I cannot get the faders to work unless I set them up in v6 and then they will work in v7 once I reopen. But the learn feature for the 4 sliders does not work in v7. Can someone please help.
visualvoodoo

Re: midi out not working

Postby Earl Harvey » 12 June 2014, 20:22

Check and see if buttons on APC 20 are transmitting as a Momentary or Toggle on off...
as for learning faders on version 7 you might see if you using version 7.0.64 and it is using the same lightshow folder as your version of 6
Earl Harvey

Postby visualvoodoo » 12 June 2014, 21:03

Thanks for that.i will check the light show and go from there. However how do I check the toggle on or off of the apc? I have no software etc for the unit? I have not had an apc20 before this. So not sure. Thanks in advance
visualvoodoo

Postby Earl Harvey » 12 June 2014, 21:15

Im not quite sure I couldnt find the Manual for the APC 20 online all i could find is the quick start guide...
Both the APC40 and APC20 were designed to be controllers for Ableton Live. That said, you can use it with other programs, but you will have to manually map it out in the other programs. Akai Pro will not be issuing any MIDI control templates for other DAWs and programs. If you do manually map things, a DAW with the learn feature in MIDI mapping mode will be easier to map than one without. You cannot change the MIDI note numbers and CC numbers that your APC is assigned to.
Earl Harvey

Postby visualvoodoo » 12 June 2014, 22:02

Yeah same only found quick start. However I did manage to find an apparent template. Will try after work tonight and see how we go. Otherwise might have to play with bomes. Thanks for your help. Although one last thing. When you say using v6 light show. Surely I don't need to start a whole new show in order for slides to work? Very counter productive for such a small feature?
visualvoodoo

Postby Earl Harvey » 12 June 2014, 23:56

Shouldn't have to start a new show... Depends how 7 is installed on your OS/PC ? W/existing 6.34?
Earl Harvey

Postby Niffo » 13 June 2014, 11:49

@visualvoodoo :
1) If the button of your controller does not send any MIDI message at release time, it could be the reason. In this case, try to put the Live button in "Flash" mode.

2) Are you saying that the "Learn" function does not work for you in V7 but works OK in V6 !? What do you mean by "the 4 sliders" ?
Niffo
Administrateur

Return to Midi