No application to open a "scene" [fixed]

post here general topics for software

No application to open a "scene" [fixed]

Postby boogiemarshall » 10 February 2021, 03:47

I am admittedly a DMX noob. I finally had some time and started creating scenes in "steps". Now, when I open scenes that I have created, I get a pop-up message that says "There is no application set to open the document ALL_BLUE.scex". It gives me this message on every scene I created and yet it was working fine yesterday and displayed all of my scenes correctly. All of my scenes are still showing up in the lightshow folder. I am using a 2020 MacBook Air (intel) running 9.2.23 Any idea what has happened?
boogiemarshall

Re: No application to open document

Postby boogiemarshall » 12 February 2021, 12:40

Anybody?
Could this a problem with my Mac or a bug? Don't want to reload the program and have to start from scratch if there is an easier solution.
boogiemarshall

Postby Pauluzzz » 12 February 2021, 13:44

You need to open the steps scene from within the software itself, Tab "Steps" and press the "Open Scene" button. same goes for timelines and others.
Pauluzzz

Postby boogiemarshall » 13 February 2021, 14:15

Pauluzzz wrote:You need to open the steps scene from within the software itself, Tab "Steps" and press the "Open Scene" button. same goes for timelines and others.

Thank you, Pauluzzz! I hate not knowing this stuff, but we all gotta learn somehow. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
boogiemarshall

Return to General software