[Request] Show always all DMX/3D buttons

post here general topics for software

[Request] Show always all DMX/3D buttons

Postby Ebbelink » 15 June 2015, 04:18

Hi,

Let me start by saying: Still using it and loving it after all those year and I will never swap to something else.

There's only one 'real' problem that I'm dealing with, and that's all the DMX and 3D ON/OFF BUTTONS on the Steps, Generator, Pixels, Live and StandAlone TABS. To me it's quite annoying when one is on and I'm not in that TAB. I thought about it and came up with the next idea: Why not put them all in the main screen on the right hand side where the Editor/Pixels/Live and StandAlone TABS are, and add a Multi/Single button so you can choose if you want all 9 to just one on (MULTI), and with the SINGLE button you will use only one on and when you press an other button, the previous one on goes off

Hopefully my description is clear and that the picture under here makes sense.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully more users agree with me.

Regards,

Jake from Down Under.
Ebbelink

Re: DMX/3D BUTTONS on the several TABS

Postby support » 15 June 2015, 07:00

Just a remark regarding the technical side: it is not possible to put any gadget (dmx & 3D icons) at the right of the tabs names. We have to book one complete horizontal section (of around 30 pixels height) for that. And we miss already room in height with small monitors (laptop PC).

Regarding the usefulness, we wait for the user's feedback.

PS: thank you for your comment !
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: [Request] Show always all DMX/3D buttons

Postby JohnRichards » 15 June 2015, 08:26

From my point of view, their only needs to be one 3D button (on/off) which should affect all windows and tabs, but the Dmx needs 2, one for editor and one for live.
John
JohnRichards

Postby FraBob » 16 June 2015, 17:32

JohnRichards wrote:From my point of view, their only needs to be one 3D button (on/off) which should affect all windows and tabs, but the Dmx needs 2, one for editor and one for live.
John

the same for me!
FraBob

Postby JohnRichards » 16 June 2015, 18:05

In fact, if I think about it, the 3D button is not really required. It could be on permanently, as we need to load the 3D window separately.
John
JohnRichards

Postby support » 17 June 2015, 06:59

We think it is better to leave all the available dmx/3d possibilities, as they presently are in their respective windows.

Regarding additional "fast access" control, if you need it only in Live, and if you need only to "fast" control only the dmx (no 3d), we could simply add 3 buttons (dmx for Steps, dmx for Generator, dmx for Pixels) in the toolbar of Live ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Earl Harvey » 17 June 2015, 13:41

I agree with locating DMX on/off in Live for ease of access... Would/could this include per Universe?
Earl Harvey

Postby support » 18 June 2015, 07:40

With the existing code, we are technically not able to do "per universe".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software