Multi-touch

post here general topics for software

Multi-touch

Postby mondinga » 10 June 2015, 06:53

I have a new 27" Lenova A740 touch screen all-in-one computer with the latest version of Show Express. Cool huh? It would be really cool if Show Express supported multi-touch.

Unfortunately, when I select more than one scene in live mode, it doesn't work. I have to select one scene at a time. What's the point of having touch?

What can I do?
mondinga

Re: Multi-touch

Postby support » 10 June 2015, 07:52

The "touch" action sends a "mouse click" message to our software. This is why only single touch is possible.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mondinga » 16 June 2015, 05:15

Is this something that will be implemented in the future? Multi-touch has been available since Windows 7 and now Windows 10 is about to be released. Here's a snippet from the web:

"Are there APIs to code against multitouch input?
Yes, my friends, there are. In all of the documentation on multitouch development in Windows 7, you will see information on the three “levels” of multitouch development (which are called Good, Better, and Best).

The “Good” level is the support for multitouch that Windows 7 provides out of the box, with no extra coding required. For example, you can use the “flick” gesture to scroll wherever there is a scroll bar. You can use the press and tap gesture (described above) to right-click in any application.

The “Better” level is the support for coding with gestures. At this level, you can code your application to respond to gestures like Rotate and Zoom using the Touch APIs.

The “Best” level is the support for coding at the raw touch input level. For example, you can create a finger-painting application where each touch leaves a mark on the screen, or you can create custom gestures. At this level, you can code your application to respond to each finger placed on it and/or finger lifted using the Touch APIs (similar to MouseDown etc.). "

Right now we are operating at the "good" level.
mondinga

Postby support » 16 June 2015, 08:12

The situation is a bit complex with Apple who does not want to hear about multi-touch for computers.

For now, we wait and see.
In the meantime, people who need multi-trigger for buttons in Live use midi devices, and it looks they really enjoy it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 23 June 2015, 18:48

I understand Supports position, I understand the Apple issue, but it still is frustrating that touch input is treated not as a separate input instead of a mouse input.

So multi-touch cannot be used, instead the workaround is keyboard triggers or midi wing consoles. When my intention of upgrading to twin multi-touch screens was to reduce peripherals at FOH.
Pink LD

Return to General software