V7 suggestions

post here general topics for software

V7 suggestions

Postby pogjack » 21 April 2014, 16:50

Some things I noticed. Great job!!!!!!

Editor:
Fixtures:
1. When selecting a channel on a fixture to change, I would like to possibly see a cancel / save option. Right now all I see is that you "X" out of the screen and your selection is saved. It would be nice to select cancel if you decide not to change it.
2. Would it be possible that when you are in the fixtures screen that when you select a fixture on the DMX assign side, that it selects the fixture in the 2D view like in the Steps tab.
3. I would like to be able to select a fixture in the DMX assign side and press delete without having to rt click and select remove.
4. Would it be hard to put the DMX PIN configuration on the gray fixture boxes. I liked being able to see that for quick references.

Steps: 1. Can you make the color circle bigger to fill the box so that if we want to be specific on the color.
2. I think this has been brought up. Would it be possible (in order to have a whole bottom screen of faders) to put the group lists as a drop down box beside the DMX universe numbers on the 2D view. That way you can shorten the 2D view and bring more faders into the bottom portion of the screen.

Live:
Buttons:
1. I still think the "move" option could still be tweeked. I would like to see maybe a toobar option that puts the screen in "edit" mode and you can select a button, movie it where you need to, select another button, etc, without having to exit out, rt click on a new button, select move, move it, exit out, select another button, etc, etc. For example: I have a page full of tracks, I would like to put them into alphabetical order, but there are too many and its too time consuming, a quicker option to move buttons would be nice. There's room also to put up, down, right, left arrows on the toolbar that will activate when in the "move" mode.
2. This might be a option that may be looked at after V7 is stable. But a button to snap the faders to 0% would be nice. You could make a button where the "%" number is, but keep the % there, just make it a button also that someone can press and it moves the fader to 0%. Also, others might like an option to edit the "snap to" button and select what % they would want it to snap to.
3. More color options - maybe select how many columns of colors and edit the colors. I have made some "images" with diffrent colors to show me what the button does, but the image is always very light and hard to see, not as sharp as the colors that can be selected via the software.
4. I believe it was mentioned earier. I also, would like to see a darker skin option
Timeline:
1. When I put a comment in the the top line. The letters for "Comment Timeline" are in front of my comment box making it hard to read the comment, when you have three rows of comment in the box.

Lots of stuff, but I wanted to say, I really enjoy using your software. I use it primarily for my church and for side events I do from time to time. I have used the timeline a whole lot and it has been a major life saver since I haven't had help doing the sound and lighting for large dramas we have done, so the timeline has been a sidekick running the lights while I do the sound.

Awesome !!!! software, keep up the great work.

Also, I'm sure we would all agree that what makes this great is the fact that the programmers listen to the end users and allow us to help you develope this software that you know is developed with the user in mind. Thanks for that.
pogjack

Re: V7 suggestions

Postby support » 22 April 2014, 10:50

Thank you very much for this report. Please read our answers below:

Editor
Fixtures
1. We will add later a "restore original dmx addressing" button. In the meantime, in order to get back the original dmx addressing, you can quit the software and answer "no" to the "Save dmx addressing" window. To cancel the fixture change, just close the window with the "X" upper right of the window.
2. Next version will be like this. But, the "add/delete/ ... fixture" must be done in real time, in order to see the result in 2DView.
3. Noted
4. If you mean to show the "dip switch" for dmx address setting, there is not enough room for that.

Steps
1. Sorry we do not understand.
2. It is now possible to extend the faders section up to around 95% of the complete window.

Live
Buttons
1. Already noted. We know "move" function has to be improved, but this is less urgent.
2. Noted already, but not done, because extra "snap to 0" buttons will required more room. So we would have to reduce the room for the pages/buttons.
3. Noted
4. First version of V7 had dark skin, and it has been rejected by all people who tried it. And we can not make multi skins option.
5. This is du to a bug regarding transparency, in our developpement tools. As soon as this bug will be fixed, we could re-compile a new fixed version.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software