V7 Issues - Support

post here general topics for software

V7 Issues - Support

Postby gilsontech » 19 April 2014, 21:30

These were my issues today when I tried the v7 Software:

Running: Apple iMac OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks)
Version: ShowXpress V7 7.0.59 w/ Patched files Alpha 1

Issues:
- When I opened the Midi/DMX Patch window and clicked on "Midi Input" The program froze and I have to force quit.
- In Live, when I push a key on the keyboard that connects to a flash button the computer makes a sound. An OS error sound.
- In the Editor when I select a fixture in the GUI Interface is doesn't select or show the corresponding channels. (It works the other way around though)

Notes:
- The Black background on the editor for the icons and channel numbers is hard to read and doesn't look right.
- While I like the One Program idea, I would like to have Multi-Monitor support for either 2 windows of buttons or Live on one screen and the editor on the other.
- I love the new look and feel overall
- Fixture Setup is so much better and nice. Good job adding the locking option.
- I also would like to see

Questions:
- When there's an update for the software does the current version tell you? If so, how?
- Is there a way to make a dark gray Interface to the software?

Thanks for all your hard work!
-Josh Gilson
Working on the next BIG thing
gilsontech

Re: V7 Issues - Support

Postby support » 19 April 2014, 21:57

Thank you for this report.
Please read below:
When I opened the Midi/DMX Patch window and clicked on "Midi Input" The program froze and I have to force quit.

We are not able to reproduce with our midi device.
Please send us the file "param.ini" which is in the folder "TheLightingController", and tell us if it crashes with the midi device switched on, and also with the midi device switched off.
In Live, when I push a key on the keyboard that connects to a flash button the computer makes a sound. An OS error sound.

Yes, we will see what we can do for this.
In the Editor when I select a fixture in the GUI Interface is doesn't select or show the corresponding channels. (It works the other way around though)

Yes, this is a bug. We will fix it asap.

- The Black background on the editor for the icons and channel numbers is hard to read and doesn't look right.
- While I like the One Program idea, I would like to have Multi-Monitor support for either 2 windows of buttons or Live on one screen and the editor on the other.
- I love the new look and feel overall
- Fixture Setup is so much better and nice. Good job adding the locking option.
- I also would like to see

Noted.

When there's an update for the software does the current version tell you? If so, how?

Not for now. It will later with "stable" versions. At boot, the software will check our server.

Is there a way to make a dark gray Interface to the software?

No, it is not possible to customize these colors.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General software