Live and Editor

post here general topics for software

Live and Editor

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 20:37

I was playing with another problem in V6 and tried it in V7. I posted my results of the "Macro @ bug" there. However I noticed 2 things in V7 I'd like to point out:
1. I can find a place to "Save" my buttons in Live lime I had to in V6.
2. If I go to Editor my Child Window in Live is locked out. Sometimes when I am doing an Editor manipulation during a live show I may still click scenes on Live Buttons Windows 1 &/or 2, as well as sometimes my Child Window.
The way it is setup now I would have to switch tabs from Editor to Live. While we have given feedback that the V7 is less cluttered, the tabbed approach means it is really catering to single monitor operation. With the only purpose of a dual monitor operation is the Child Window.
And as I just brought up, it is locked out if I am tabbed on anything other than Live.
Pink LD

Re: Live and Editor

Postby support » 08 April 2014, 21:08

1. I can find a place to "Save" my buttons in Live lime I had to in V6.

Sorry but we do not understand.

2. If I go to Editor my Child Window in Live is locked out.

Yes, we saw that recently. This is in our ToDo list.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 21:24

Ok to #2, on the ToDo list.

For my first question:
I V6 if I moved, added, created a page, or whatever the changes were not permanent unless you went to the menu and saved the buttons.
I learned the hard way a few years back after I created a dozen pages and had a power loss to my system. Sure all the scenes I had created were still in the file folder. But everything I had done in those dozen pages I had created in Live was lost.
This has also happened to me in a show situation. I was remoteing into my PC, via WiFi and tablet, from stage and doing focus updates for my spot Macros. The FOH sound engineer unplugged my PC and all the updates I had just done were lost and reverted to the previous "Save".
Sure I now have an uninterruptible power supply and separate power cable running to FOH, but I still save religiously when making Live changes or Macro updates. Barring a power loss sometimes PCs/Tablets lock up, and with a "Save" button I can make sure I lose as little work as possible in the event of a technical problem.
Pink LD

Postby support » 09 April 2014, 08:33

In V7, you can save the pages/buttons setting with the button "save" in the toolbar (the second button from the left).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 09 April 2014, 09:58

Found it, thanks.
Pink LD

Return to General software