Version 7 - Comments so far...

post here general topics for software

Version 7 - Comments so far...

Postby Lytz » 08 April 2014, 00:51

Thank you for your efforts in creating a great sequel to V6. Aesthetically and functionally, V7 certainly has impact and is less cluttered when working with it.

I realise this is an Alpha release and will still have bugs present. I'm using V7 on a Mac running OSX 10.9.2 and have experienced the following:

1) When selecting MIDI Input from the Misc menu, program hangs 90% of the time.
2) In an existing Light Show, when creating a new page in Live and then adding Light Scene, program crashes.
3) In Editor/Steps window, all graphics used for fixtures and background image don't retain the correct aspect ratio.
4) Maybe it's just me, but can not get the Live app connected and working.

Some questions:
Have you managed to crack the Mac auto BPM problems?
Will there be an update to the 3D app?

Great job so far guys - hope this helps...
SPM
Lytz

Re: Version 7 - Comments so far...

Postby Clovis Christian » 08 April 2014, 19:32

I think this software is deff a lot less cluttered and easer to navigate. Great Job
I am running into the same issues that Lytz is also running mac.

Couple request I thought would be cool to see in the software update:
-Our church uses midi for controlling "live" and it would be really cool to be able to add midi commands to "editor" as well, would really speed up creating new scenes. Just seeing more functions with midi would really help us (I don't know how many people are using midi boards out there for there light? But really makes it easy to put your hands on something in a live venue).

- Also, I don't know if this happens to many of you but when working in a live setting you click on a scene but you accidentally click on it twice or click on the same one thats already active. Not a frequent error on our part but does happen. Would it be possible to make a command on a page where you always want one scene/macro/bottom selected at all times, so when you do that all your lighting doesn't die.
Clovis Christian

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 20:16

One scene that is always active?
I made a page with a scene for all of a group of LED pars that had their dimmers @ 100%. Then I triggered it by time/calendar and activated it for 24/7/365 if I remember correctly.
Pink LD

Postby support » 08 April 2014, 21:19

Thank you for your feedback.

1) When selecting MIDI Input from the Misc menu, program hangs 90% of the time.

Yes. This will be fixed in next executable file.
2) In an existing Light Show, when creating a new page in Live and then adding Light Scene, program crashes.

We are not able to reproduce that. We might need your lightshow to see the bug (?)
3) In Editor/Steps window, all graphics used for fixtures and background image don't retain the correct aspect ratio.

The window is resizable ; we can not avoid this.
4) Maybe it's just me, but can not get the Live app connected and working.

We will check that asap.

Some questions:
Have you managed to crack the Mac auto BPM problems?
Will there be an update to the 3D app?

Sorry but the answer is: nothing planned for that now.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Clovis Christian » 09 April 2014, 15:39

Pink LD wrote:One scene that is always active?

Currently we run 16 different macro buttons on one page that triggers related scenes (colors we have selected to match slide background & different spots for who's leading songs). It would be cool to have a page that you can't turn off scenes accidentally. Of coarse you wouldn't want this with every page. Just so everything doesn't go completely dark on you when you click a scene (or in our case a macro twice).

Having a constant scene on in the background (with the calendar always on is a good thought), still would be a rough distracting transition for us if it's not the same color or house level or even moving washes are in different positions.

Let me know if there is a work around for this? If not would be cool to see in V7

On another note:
Live won't communicate midi back to the board in any way? Would be cool if it could.

Thanks
Clovis Christian

Postby Pink LD » 09 April 2014, 17:29

Pushing the same or wrong button happens.
The best solution I can think of, which is in V7 and V6, is to Pause the Live scene once you activate it.
Then you can select the next Macro(s) and/or Scene(s) before you release the Pause. It's like a 1 Step Cue stack with a Go button.
You don't need to deselect the Macro(s) and/or Scene(s) you are leaving and when Paused and you make a wrong selection, just deselect that button before you unPause, or Go as it were.
At least in V6, and in Pause, a giant Pause symbol in a green circle shows up on the buttons you select for an easy visual clue.
Pink LD

Postby Clovis Christian » 09 April 2014, 21:05

Thanks Pink LD, Yeah we usually do this but its a pain when your doing it fast sometimes. Would just be cool to see that option in the future :D, (I work with volunteers that often press the wrong one by mistake)
Clovis Christian

Postby support » 14 April 2014, 18:28

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Clovis Christian » 15 April 2014, 01:50

I have downloaded new bug_fix and am still getting the rainbow of death when going to midi input patch on my mac.
Clovis Christian

Postby support » 15 April 2014, 09:34

We need to know exactly when the bug happen.

Is it in window "Patch for DMX and MIDI" in tab "MIDI Input" when you switch on the option "Enable MIDI Input" ?
At first this option is off, and when you switch it on, there is a crash ?
Do you see your MIDI device in the drop down list ?
You software version is 7.0.59 Alpha1 ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Next

Return to General software