Community Hall installation help

upload scenes in the standalone memory of the interface

Community Hall installation help

Postby Stuartuk » 01 September 2020, 08:10

Hi

I hope that you might be able to help with a project I'm working on. I have a community hall with a 1024 rack interface which I want to use standalone without a computer most of the time. I want to program a button to fade up the lights and then use another button to fade them down with no time limit as to how long they stay on. When I try to achieve this, the lights come on and go off instantly with no fade. I see that there is a fade state under each channel which is greyed out and shows square. Does this need to be changed to fade somehow? Are there any other tips you can give me to help with this application please?

I guess what I'm trying to achieve is to use the 1024 interface as a preset controller, a bit like the Nicolaudie Stick, but with preset buttons. Is this achievable with your software? I liked the idea of being able to run live with the computer for when they are doing drama and performances etc, but it would not be practical to have a computer connected all of the time when they just want to use the hall for cinema etc, when all they need is the ability to recall some basic scenes which fade up and crossfade to the next scene when another button is pressed.

Many thanks for your assistance

Stuart
Stuartuk

Re: Community Hall installation help

Postby Stuartuk » 01 September 2020, 10:51

I think I may have answered my own question!!

It seems that as long as the timeline in the standalone program is shorter than the length of the scene, it holds the state at the end of the timeline, so it works as I intended! If there are any other tips you can offer, that would be great, but at least I can get it working the way we intended!

regards

Stuart
Stuartuk

Return to StandAlone