v7 vs v9 Timeliness sync issues

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

v7 vs v9 Timeliness sync issues

Postby James » 15 November 2022, 08:40

Hi, for my gigging I've been using v7 for a long time now.

My second backup DMX usb cable recently burnt out so was forced to purchase D512s interface.

Looks like there's no driver to run the D512s with version 7 as software refuses to detect interface.

I've looked into using later versions before, but have always encountered this issue.

Version 7 has always run perfectly on stage. My programmed beats etc. are perfectly insync with my WAV audio.

Tried latest software version 9 today, because of my new D512s interface.

It seems when I play my current show, it's slightly out of sync by about a second.

As an example with a beat of a drum I previously programmed a flash to be exactly in sync with my audio wav.

Now it's least half a beat out.

I have a very powerful PC i7 laptop with masses of memory etc.
Same thing happens with my powerful Desktop.

I don't fancy having to go through every song to shift everything slightly back to compensate as I have dozens of songs already programmed.

Appreciate any help on this.

Many thanks

Update...

As thought. with latest version.

If I set a Red marker position and press space within Timeline. my show plays fine (occasionally)
return to the Red marker position and press space within Timeline again and it now plays out of time, try again, still out of time, once more it's now in time

What is wrong here??? this is seriously stupid, how can I program a show when it keeps playing out of time randomly ???

Read previously it maybe down to Wav file on load up, but I never ever had this issue with version 7, totally rock solid timing
James

Re: v7 vs v9 Timeliness sync issues

Postby support » 15 November 2022, 09:44

We do not see any change regarding media files playing from V7 to V9.

May be the Codec are different ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby James » 15 November 2022, 10:12

Hi, would the codec change with updating from previous software version?

I've previously had version 7 installed, installed later version, timing errors occurred, reinstalled version 7 and all is good again
James

Postby support » 15 November 2022, 10:37

Noted that V7 and V9 are on the same PC, so they are supposed to use the same Codec.

Could you please post two videos ?
- one showing the problem with V9
- one showing the same actions (that you made with V9) with V7
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby James » 15 November 2022, 11:18

Unfortunately I can't run v7 with D512s interface unless there is a driver to run this hardware on v7?

My 2 previous USB cable versions have now burnt out.

Latest version If I set a Red marker position and press space within Timeline. my show plays fine (occasionally)
return to the Red marker position and press space within Timeline again and it now plays out of time, try again, still out of time, once more it's now in time
James

Postby Niffo » 15 November 2022, 15:25

Please try with the latest fix file which includes a correction made on 2022-06-07 regarding the timing accuracy of Beat/BPM functions (if you are using these functions in TimeLine).
Otherwise, to our knowledge, there is no difference between V7 and V9 regarding TimeLine.
Maybe you can try checking "do not preload Live Scenes" in the main Preferences.
Maybe you can try with 32 bits version of V9 as well and tell us if that makes a difference.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby James » 15 November 2022, 15:32

Many thanks, will gives these a try later tonight and let you know how I get on.
James

Postby James » 15 November 2022, 23:15

Hi, tried all of the above you suggested, unfortunately nothing changed

Looks like I need to adjust scene positions slightly (could you explain difference between SCE and SCEX - guessing SCEX is the new format (convert on load) which carries additional info? - tried both just incase

One bug I did find was with with the Steps editor.
If you create as an example a simple 4 second sequence event - (1) Left Par Red/ Right Par Blue / (2) Left Par Blue / Right Par Blue (3) Left Par Blue / Right Par Red / (4) Left Par Blue / Right Par Blue

Even if you set a BMP function before the sequence is run and set the sequence properties to BMP Step 1/1 Trigger Step by Step / Loop option set

When you play from Red Marker point before the BMP, the sequence doesn't play correctly every time - it seems 1st step seems to occasionally flash quick which puts rest of sequence out of time, tried adding null timings at beginning etc., but nothing helped.

Also I can't get the Beat from Operating system to function. I'm running audio from an external Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 - any tips as I've checked audio setup, is it because I'm using an external audio source? Thought it would pick up from audio wav output - have the beat icon switched on, tried beat setting in speed etc., but can't seem to trigger, any thoughts much appreciated.

Many thanks
James

Postby Niffo » 16 November 2022, 09:25

I just noticed that there is no official fix file on the website.
The most recent executable is this one : https://download.thelightingcontroller. ... 34BETA.zip
Is this the one you used?

For the rest, please open a thread for each new question in the appropriate section of the website.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby James » 16 November 2022, 10:01

Thank you, will try this update later this evening.
James

Return to Live - TimeLine