MacOS - Sync problem [fixed]

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

Re: Timeline Sync/editing and playback with MP3

Postby mrchacha100 » 11 September 2023, 13:21

mrchacha100

Postby support » 11 September 2023, 16:07

The official MacOS version is for Intel processor, so it runs via "Rosetta".
We propose also a version for MacOS Arm processor ; this one is BETA.
You will find all here: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... f=85&t=114

Is the sync in this video https://youtu.be/er2HPOX45GQ acceptable for you ?
Is the sync in your computer, with the WAV file we sent to you via wetransfer, same than in our video ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mrchacha100 » 12 September 2023, 09:37

I would need to see the 3D viewer to know if the sync is correct. The file seems to play back ok. But here's the crux...there is a problem with the timeline sync. I am programming using version 9.1.15 and it is perfect. With every kind of media. I converted this new wav file to your said specifications and it does not keep sync. Can you please try and see if you can replicate using this new file with the 3d viewer so we can see with the lights. This project is basic so there can be no question of if it is out of sync. I have new show coming soon with 4 universes of lights and there is no way my 2008 macbook pro will be able to handle programming this. I understand that this is not easy to resolve online and if I was sitting next to you the problem would be very apparent but this is not possible. If your old version of software works (with every file type and every show file) and the new version doesn't then we have a problem.

Again, thank you for the response but I don't know what else to do to help you fault find. We cannot be the only people having this problem.
mrchacha100

Postby support » 13 September 2023, 07:55

We first have to clean up the first reported problem.

Here you show a sync problem with the sound: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pv4Ukc ... xYGN5/view . We see it clearly in the 2 first play actions during the 15 first seconds.

We took time to understand and find a solution, and we think we have fixed the problem by saving the audio file in a more "standard" WAV format. Here is the result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er2HPOX45GQ

We sent you the new WAV file.

Before working on a new lightshow, we would like to finish the job with the first one.
So please tell us if this new audio file fixes the audio sync problem in your side, or not.
If not, please post a video showing that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mrchacha100 » 27 October 2023, 13:04

Hello. Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately I cannot find the file you sent but having downloaded Audicity, converted the files to WAV PCM 16-bit and putting them back in the project, the same thing occurs. The sync is off. Sorry for not being able to check your original one but the wetransfer link is out of date (my fault I know). Starting from the beginning of the timeline results in a decent sync but we cannot keep returning to the beginning each to check our lighting. Tell me what you wish me to do next. If you require video proof then please resend the file and i'll film it again or we can work on a new one. For me it is the same as on every project, the same results with your suggested WAV format. Again today I added the suitable media file, made a cue that snapped the lights on on the first beat of the bar and when playing from the beginning fine. Move the red start point to closer and sync gone. And this time I added a click track so that you can hear perfectly. For now back to version 9.1.15 and a 2008 macbook pro.

I await your instructions

Thank you for your assistance
mrchacha100

Postby mrchacha100 » 27 October 2023, 13:10

Another point to add. the sync of the lights in the timeline is perfect. This does not change. It's the playback from the audio file that is altered each replay. Maybe this can help you zone in on where the problem with the software is. The audio playback engine?
mrchacha100

Postby mrchacha100 » 27 October 2023, 13:21

Check same timeline on M1 macbook air and Intel duel-core macbook air. Same result using 9.3.8 and 9.3.4
mrchacha100

Postby mrchacha100 » 12 November 2023, 19:13

Any chance of some assistance please?

Thank you
mrchacha100

Postby support » 12 November 2023, 22:51

We sent you the audio file again via wetransfer.
Please put it in your lightshow and send the same video as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er2HPOX45GQ
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby mrchacha100 » 13 November 2023, 10:43

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U2__eF ... share_link

Please find new screen recording with your wav file added. Again, not consistent results. Starting from the beginning syncs up audio. Starting from other points changes the audio playback. And this is only at the start of the track...imagine as you get further along the timeline.

Hope this helps.

I wish to solve this so I will help in anyway that I can with your testing.

If it helps to contact via email so that I see messages as soon as they arrive then I cam happy to provide this to you!

Best regards
mrchacha100

PreviousNext

Return to Live - TimeLine