The scene files are not read anymore

create synch shows with video, audio and lights

The scene files are not read anymore

Postby Mystoria » 24 April 2020, 14:56

Hello I tried to upgrade to version 9 but my scenes are not reading the file anymore. Generator scenes and fine when the timeline is playing just not the scenes.
I can make the scene work when I select in timeline then change file and manually relink each scene but there are hundreds of scenes in my show, is there a way to re- allocate file in bulk or is there a certain scene folder the files must be in? I rolled back to version 8 but I am having the same problem. When I deleted the original version 8 the file link was lost I believe but not sure. I put my scene folder in the show folder and in scene I think the files are in the correct place
just not being read.

Thanks
Mystoria

Re: The scene files are not read anymore

Postby support » 01 May 2020, 15:17

The reason of this is you linked the ".scex" scenes in the timeline projects from a location which is outside of the lightshow folder.
So our software has no other choice to copy the full path, and when the lightshow is moved to another computer, the scene files are obviously not found.
FYI: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =72&t=5008

The only way to fix that is to:
1. move the scenes into the lightshow folder
2. edit the .tml files and replace the full path by relative path for all related scenes
For instance:
change the line "Path = /Users/richjaeger/TheLightingController/LightShows/MYSTORIA/ALL NIGHT LONG/green white st.scex"
by the line "Path = ALL NIGHT LONG/green white st.scex"
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - TimeLine