Using midi knobs to switch scenes

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Using midi knobs to switch scenes

Postby Spadz93 » 25 June 2021, 14:02

Is there a way to use a knob to switch between scenes in a live page, similar to a preset slider? Either that or is there a way to use a knob to "highlight" a preset in a live page, and then have whichever button is highlighted be activated by another midi button? The context here is I'm trying to find efficient ways to control my pair of ADJ Jolt 300's, and this functionality would be very beneficial so I don't have to use 30 buttons for these things alone (if any fellow owners of these lights have tips, i'm also open to hearing those).
Spadz93

Re: Using midi knobs to switch scenes

Postby Luc Henrion » 26 June 2021, 07:15

You can use any kind of MIDI message (note, control, program change) to trigger/control a button, the best way to assign whatever controller is probably to use the "learn" function.
Luc Henrion

Postby Spadz93 » 26 June 2021, 16:21

Luc Henrion wrote:You can use any kind of MIDI message (note, control, program change) to trigger/control a button, the best way to assign whatever controller is probably to use the "learn" function.

I know that you can assign any type of MIDI, my question is more along the lines of if there is a way to use a knob to select different buttons, like if I wanted to assign one knob to flip between multiple buttons inside a page.
Spadz93

Postby thorehl » 30 June 2021, 21:03

Like an Executor button?
I've given this a thought too, and found a working function.

• Create a step-scene with different scenes (2 or more).
  • Add a button with this scene in Live view. Right click it > Speed properties, and select Beat.
  • Now click the three lines button (top left in Live view) and select Live settings.
  • Under Beat (In), learn the button on your midi-device you want to use as a trigger (for the scenes).
Now it will cycle the scenes when the button is activated and you press you midi-button

!NOTE! This will not work if you use Beat function from a audio device.
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Return to Live - Buttons