Cannot change the # of boards&type on external monitor

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Cannot change the # of boards&type on external monitor

Postby Sapian » 23 February 2021, 21:16

Running Mac OS 10.14.6 2018 Powerbook Pro w/ i7, Show express 9.2.23
FYI:
Took me a while to figure out but in the Button settings window if you are using an external monitor as I do, you cannot edit the numbers of Boards or the type of boards. If I move the Show express window back over to the laptop monitor all is well. Also seems you cannot change the #1 Page to the "Window" type.

Just found another thing:
In creating / Editing Generator scene, during playback window gets flashing bands (video glitch) and after adjusting curve points manually, program crashes.
Thanks,
Wayne
Sapian

Re: Repeatable Button Settings Bug

Postby support » 24 February 2021, 09:03

if you are using an external monitor as I do, you cannot edit the numbers of Boards or the type of boards

Please post a screenshot link showing this problem (https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... f=3&t=6904).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Sapian » 24 February 2021, 20:44

Here's a link to a video showing the issues of Button settings and screen re-fresh issues in Generator
Thanks!
https://youtu.be/EdWk9M3x6Nk
Sapian

Postby support » 25 February 2021, 17:49

Thank you for this clear video.

if you are using an external monitor as I do, you cannot edit the numbers of Boards or the type of boards

Could you please try with the fix file (V9.2.27) ?
https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =85&t=3438

during playback window gets flashing bands (video glitch)

Could you please try with another monitor and let us know if same problem happen ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Sapian » 25 February 2021, 20:17

I installed fix file 9.2.27 and I get the same issues with the button settings and the generator playback screen.The only other monitor I have is an old Apple Cinema Display, but alas, its display port based and I don't have a proper adapter for the 2018 Powerbook as it has only Thunderbolt 3 ports. My external monitor is a 2 year old BenQ SW271 running directly off the USB C / Thunderbolt ports. I have tried other connectivity options, HDMI and Display Port at various resolutions and I get the exactly same result. But this is all partially moot as the generator screen refresh problems and crashing occur with the monitor removed as well.

Seems to be some kind of video refresh issue.

FYI: I noticed my visualizer software, Capture 2020, in the notes about the upcoming release of Capture 2021 they mention the dropping of Apples Metal implementation due to bug issues.

Thanks for the timely response!
-Wayne
Sapian

Postby support » 01 March 2021, 11:06

Mac OS 10.14.6 is quite old now.
Please try also to upgrade the OS.

Thank you for the info about Apple "Metal".
After more than 10 years of doing software for Mac, we know that for each new technology they introduce (force), it is wise to wait for a while before using it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Sapian » 01 March 2021, 18:37

Yikes! Mohave is already 2 years old! I was waiting as 10.15 and 11 drop 32bit support and needed to do inventory of my apps. Time to check in with it all. Slowly growing weary of it since migrating from CP/M to Mac in 1984. -OLD!
-Thanks,
Wayne
Sapian

Postby Sapian » 05 March 2021, 19:56

Update,
I updated the system to Catalina. This fixed the re-draw issue posted above in the Generator window when playing back. However, in Live view, the Button settings issue is still there: when you work on a secondary monitor you can't change the # of boards and type, move back to the laptop window and all is fine.
-Wayne
Sapian

Return to Live - Buttons