Executor button for sequential lists

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Executor button for sequential lists

Postby thorehl » 03 April 2020, 07:53

From the world of GrandMA, one quickly get used to executor buttons, cycling thru cues of scenes. Has anyone got a workaround for this? Basicly hit on button repeatedly to go thru multiple step scenes and maybe at the same time have a fader (midi) to control dimmer channels of the scenes.
Problem i'm trying to work around is I don't have time to got to the sequential list, load the que file and go. I'll be about 5-7sec into the song by the time i'm ready.
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Re: Executor button for sequential lists

Postby dumbfungus » 05 April 2020, 12:29

I’m into it. Basically assign a midi button that, each time you press it, advances to the next step in that scene.
dumbfungus

Postby SeekLighting » 05 April 2020, 23:27

With the newest update you can add sequential lists as buttons and cycle through them that way. It's not 100% the same but very close. Could that work for you?
SeekLighting

Postby thorehl » 05 April 2020, 23:36

All that button does is act like an “Play” button. On/off so to say. And if I did understand the use correctly, it only runs the seq-list as long as the “Follow” command is active.
We’d like it to show us what que it’s one, maybe even the next as well and let us repeatedly hit it to cycle throughout the list.
Thore
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby SeekLighting » 06 April 2020, 00:51

You can Midi map the "GO" button from sequential list and use that to cycle through the scenes as they're assigned to a button.

But I would agree with you it would be nice to see some sort of visual in the live button to see what the sequential list is doing.
SeekLighting

Postby thorehl » 06 April 2020, 08:45

Yeah. GO button is all and well if you have 1 list. I’d like something like 12-16 of them.
Note: I’m thinking LIVE usage. Advanced feature.
I’ve thought about a work around, but it will clogg up the pages, cause like you say Tim, we need to see what’s going on.
But my work around is to have a Page (Cue1-CueX) with step scenes and active Chase Play. And since change play takes into consideration the time a step scene uses, I can alter things there and by using the duration feature and pause at end. But everytime a pause is used, I’d need to go to that page to active next Cue or use a Macro button as a Next button after that pause. Basicly a sequesial list. ;) New Page, new set of Cues, some more macro buttons and so on.

To the devs:
Proposal. When we activate a Sequencial list from Live - Buttons, allow us to se active cue and next in line (on the button) and allow us in the toolbar to have [prev] [GO] [pause] [next] buttons exclusive for content cue execution, midi mappable.
The difference between GO and Next is the GO button activates the current cue, hit one more time and it activates next cue. The Next button just cycles next cue. A Stop or Clear (current) active button can also be incorporated as a toolbar button.

I know this is probably not possible in current software, but would help a lot. Theaters, Live stage, DJing, Churches and what not. A huge area would benefit from such a feature.
Thore
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby thorehl » 13 April 2020, 17:24

Once again i've found a workaround for this using the Beat speed button and assigning it to a midi trigger.
Any multistep step-scene-file will advance by one by hitting that button if BPM 1/1 is selected in Speed properties for that button.

I've also noticed that if i need LED fixtures to flash and fade out without going to next step, just create 2 steps for each scene, and set BPM speed to 1/2 (0,5) that way it advances by it self from step 1 to 2. 3 to 4 and so on, where it actually runs the the odd numbers timer before advancing to the even number.

Then I just use Rename button to fill inn names of each scene and using "~" as line break.
1. MIB MH, LED ON~2. GOBO rot, Shut Open~3. blabla
or
1. Dim ON speaker~2. Wash Purpl, Spot dancer~3. Spot off, Wash door~4. Wash off, Gobo floor
- you get the idea -

Hope this helps someone
Thore
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Return to Live - Buttons