Fader to control from value 50 to 100 [fixed]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Fader to control from value 50 to 100 [fixed]

Postby muscanto » 21 November 2019, 14:42

Support-

I have an interesting challenge and I'm not sure how to solve it. If the software doesn't already have a solution, this might be feature request.

I have fixtures that have built in strobe patterns but they are very specific ranges in a channel. The built in strobes always look better than creating a strobe in the generator so I'd like to avoid that as a workaround. A specific channel on one of my moving fixtures has strobe speed set from value 50-100. As you adjust the value up, the strobe frequency increases but if you go past 100, you start to get different pulse patterns and effects that are also built into that fixture on that channel.

I would like to be able to assign a fader on the live buttons screen to adjust that particular channel for the range 50-100 so I can adjust the strobe speed in real time during a show. I do not want it going below 50 or above 100 because it will give me undesired results. Setting the fader to "Speed" does not work and if I set it to "Dimmer" I am limited to colors and the dimmer channel.

If a feature request is required, a simple solution to me would be to have a "Custom" fader that allows me to pick the channels and the range inside those channels that the fader affects.

Is there a way to do this already within the software? How would I accomplish this?
muscanto

Re: Fader to Control Strobe Channel

Postby Luc Henrion » 21 November 2019, 16:26

Edit your fixture: each channel can have a min & max value.
Only drawback: whatever you do, you will no more be able to go past those limits unless you edit your fixture again
Luc Henrion

Postby muscanto » 21 November 2019, 16:30

Luc Henrion wrote:Edit your fixture: each channel can have a min & max value.
Only drawback: whatever you do, you will no more be able to go past those limits unless you edit your fixture again

Thanks for the idea but I unfortunately use the other features outside the value range. Also- this doesn't allow me to assign that channel to a fader in the software so it appears that limitation is still in my way.
muscanto

Postby SeekLighting » 21 November 2019, 22:35

muscanto wrote:Support-

I have an interesting challenge and I'm not sure how to solve it. If the software doesn't already have a solution, this might be feature request.

I have fixtures that have built in strobe patterns but they are very specific ranges in a channel. The built in strobes always look better than creating a strobe in the generator so I'd like to avoid that as a workaround. A specific channel on one of my moving fixtures has strobe speed set from value 50-100. As you adjust the value up, the strobe frequency increases but if you go past 100, you start to get different pulse patterns and effects that are also built into that fixture on that channel.

I would like to be able to assign a fader on the live buttons screen to adjust that particular channel for the range 50-100 so I can adjust the strobe speed in real time during a show. I do not want it going below 50 or above 100 because it will give me undesired results. Setting the fader to "Speed" does not work and if I set it to "Dimmer" I am limited to colors and the dimmer channel.

If a feature request is required, a simple solution to me would be to have a "Custom" fader that allows me to pick the channels and the range inside those channels that the fader affects.

Is there a way to do this already within the software? How would I accomplish this?

There is already a very easy function within the software to accomplish what you are after.

Rather than using the Master fader functions in live view, create your own custom Fader by creating a 2-step scene.

Step 1 of the scene has your value at 50. Step 2 has the value at 100. It doesn't matter what time length your steps are (I just leave it at the default), just make sure you set the channels to "Snap" not "Fade" in steps.

From there, add that scene file into your live mode as a button. Right click on the button and change it to a "Fader slider". From there you can map that fader to one of your hardware faders the same way you would with buttons.

I use this for all my faders as required during a show. I basically never touch the Master faders except when I'm creating exactly that, a Master fader.
SeekLighting

Re: Fader to control from value 50 to 100 [fixed]

Postby support » 22 November 2019, 15:43

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons