Showxpress 9.2.3 64Bit isn't saving my live buttons

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Showxpress 9.2.3 64Bit isn't saving my live buttons

Postby jons3657 » 05 August 2019, 22:27

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with Showxpress version 9.2.3 in which the "force save" button won't save my live buttons and page layouts. There doesn't seem to be any consistency or correlation. Sometimes it saves, and sometimes it doesn't. This creates a huge amount of extra work because I have to recreate the pages and re-add all of the buttons when it fails to save. For the record, adding buttons is *not* an easy task. Even the most simple task (like rearranging buttons) is a painstaking and time consuming click-by-click procedure instead of simple drag-n-drop. If the save feature doesn't work consistently, the amount of lost work can add up to hours of extra work.

Am I missing something? Here's what I've noticed so far: My previous versions of Showxpress (8, most recently) saved my pages and buttons automatically. I found out the hard way that 9 doesn't have this feature, and that the "force save" button is actually just a "save button" that *must* be used if you wish to save your work. When I click the "force save" icon, the windows "processing" icon appears for a split second and then disappears. I wait a few seconds after the icon disappears, and then click "force save" again for good measure, and wait maybe another 10 seconds. Then I close the program, reopen the program, and my changes are not saved and I have to recreate my work.

Any and all insight is much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
jons3657

Re: Showxpress 9.2.3 64Bit isn't saving my live buttons

Postby support » 06 August 2019, 07:32

The "Live - save" function management has not been changed from V8 to V9.
Please post a link to a zip of your lightshow ; we will check that.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons