Urgent! - Layering issue found in Live

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Urgent! - Layering issue found in Live

Postby AmpdEntmt » 21 October 2016, 04:18

Today I believe I have found a 'layering' issue within version 8's live.

When programming LED bar wash lights (similar to the Microh LED Bar II) I always create a .scex file that only controls the master dimmer for the fixture, so it can be selected individually from the colour patterns that I create in pixels as a .ppj file. When running a show, I usually leave the .scex file selected so the dimmer is open, and cycle through all of the .ppj colour patterns i've made.

The problem i've come across is when the .scex dimmer scene is selected, then you 'layer' a pixels colour project over it (which does not have control of the dimmer channel - only rgb channels), it overwrites the .scex dimmer scene and sets the dimmer value to zero. Thus, the light is blacked out. It seems like the .ppj file sets all unused channels for that light to zero.

The light will work if you select the .ppj file first and then select the .scex file afterwards. This is not practical, however, when you want to leave the .scex dimmer file selected and cycle through the different .ppj colour patterns. This is why i believe it's a layering problem with .ppj file formats and not .scex ones.

Hopefully this makes sense, I can upload my lightshow file if needed.
A speedy fix would be great as I'm 6 days out from another show!! :shock:
AmpdEntmt

Re: Urgent! - Layering issue found in Live

Postby support » 23 October 2016, 07:23

In the Pixels project, for each non RGB channel (dimmer, shutter, ...), you can chose:
- either "enable" and force the channel to a fix level
- or "not enable", then the Pixels scene will not override the channel
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons