V8 - Master Faders

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Re: V8 - Master Faders

Postby MTFentertainment » 28 June 2016, 22:08

Sorry for the double post.

It would also be nice if you could adjust the scale of the faders. For example, the default is -100% to 100%, it would be nice to be able to change it to -100% to 0% for a dimmer and 100% to 400% for a speed control. This would easily allow you to return to a home position that is not at mid fader.

Thanks
MTFentertainment

Postby Niffo » 29 June 2016, 10:41

FYI : you can reset the faders value to 0 by double clicking on them.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby BartKrap » 31 July 2016, 22:43

MTFentertainment wrote:
Clgsound wrote:
support wrote:Please keep in mind that these 4 faders are "masters", which means proportional adjustment.
While you can insert standard faders for speed and dimmer inside each button.

Yes I understand the two fader options. Im just unable to do what I would wish to at the current moment I guess. For me there is no point in having my dimmer effects and color effects on individual speed controls. I want all scenes to be playing at the same rate. When I program, all my effects scenes have the same overall time so I can use a speed fader to control all.
My problem comes from there only being 4 Masters Speed/Dimmer.
I have them all set to speed controlling, XY positions, Movement speed, Dimmer effect speed, Color change speed.
I also need a master for each of my fixture types and by creating a fader button in Live it doest do as I need because if a scene with a dimmer effect is active it will overtake what I call my master.
I can't activate buttons with my master off because if I activate a dimmer effect with my current master off when I turn it on the software see them as being whatever % they are instead of running the dimmer effect.

Idk much about software programing but would there be a way to duplicate your programming and bump the masters speed/dimmer up to 8 in the drop down menu.

Or could i send you my show and you make the changes you're speaking of and send it back. maybe I'm just confused by your wording.

I would like to second this request. I also like to use the proportional faders to control fixture and effect types. 8 fader would be very useful. They do not all have to be visible because they will be midi mapped.

Thanks guys!

Or make us able to select how many master faders we want and what they are for, think along the lines of the new buttons board but for master faders.
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby Clgsound » 01 August 2016, 17:18

Support, Any chance of more master dimmer faders coming anytime soon? I would greatly love if this can be added.
Clgsound

Postby support » 01 August 2016, 18:36

Not in a near future.
We had to make a choice when we did then. And we chosed, together with the community, for "only a few master faders, but all visible in main page".
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1811&start=50
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby BartKrap » 01 August 2016, 23:41

support wrote:Not in a near future.
We had to make a choice when we did then. And we chosed, together with the community, for "only a few master faders, but all visible in main page".

Yeah that's true but I think the new master speed function kinda changes the game here.

It's probably the best feature implemented in v8 but it's unfortunate that you have to choose between a master or speed fader while still being limited to 4 faders total.
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Postby Clgsound » 02 August 2016, 14:14

BartKrap wrote:
support wrote:Not in a near future.

Yeah that's true but I think the new master speed function kinda changes the game here.

It's probably the best feature implemented in v8 but it's unfortunate that you have to choose between a master or speed fader while still being limited to 4 faders total.

I'm with BartKrap, that post was from 3 years ago. a lot has changed since then. With the use of multiple midi controllers all of your masters will be on a fader in front of you always. No need for it to be on main screen anymore.
Clgsound

Postby support » 02 August 2016, 14:29

With the use of multiple midi controllers all of your masters will be on a fader in front of you always. No need for it to be on main screen anymore

Makes sense.
Noted.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby JohnRichards » 02 August 2016, 20:51

For those of us who do not use midi controllers, what about the option of a separate "child window" configured to how many faders we would require/
John
JohnRichards

Postby support » 11 August 2016, 22:17

Sorry I didn't clarify more. this is when I have the button set to a fader button and mapped to a Fader on my APC20. when my APC fader is pushed all the way up the lights cut off. If I click the fader button in live with a mouse they do not cut off. but this has happened with different controllers I've tried not just the APC20.

Fix available in V8.1.15
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4528
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

PreviousNext

Return to Live - Buttons