V8 - Master Faders

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

V8 - Master Faders

Postby Clgsound » 13 June 2016, 18:25

The more I use V8 I love the speed controls. The only down side is all 4 are used for different speed controls. I now have my dimmers on 2-step scenes. This is a problem, I can't kill the lights while dimmer chases or certain effects are going because they then take over and they lights come back on.
Is there a way in a future update to duplicate the master section so there are more faders available? Or make a tab that is dedicated to master faders instead of the right side of the screen?
Clgsound

Re: V8 Master Faders

Postby support » 13 June 2016, 18:46

Please keep in mind that these 4 faders are "masters", which means proportional adjustment.
While you can insert standard faders for speed and dimmer inside each button.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby BartKrap » 13 June 2016, 22:11

support wrote:Please keep in mind that these 4 faders are "masters", which means proportional adjustment.

Actually I've been having trouble with that, when I move my fader past 10% the lights just goes to 100%.

This only applies for version 8.1 and the fixes won't install on my pc.
Head of lighting, lighting designer and lighting operater at De Zoom and Pinky's in Renesse and Ron van der Veen Entertainment.
BartKrap

Re: V8 - Master Faders

Postby support » 14 June 2016, 10:04

The fix file contains updates regarding your problem.
Please read this to install the fix: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3438
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Clgsound » 14 June 2016, 12:14

I've been having an issue with my dimmers that seems opposite of you. I'm on the latest fix file. When i have a 2-step scene for my dimmer if i go to 100% my lights cut off. so in editor i have to tell my lights to go to 254 not 255.
Also I may be confused about what you are saying in your last post support (insert standard faders) could you explain that a little more? maybe i haven't had enough coffee this morning. By standard fader do you mean right clicking and choosing fader button? but then how do you have a "master" control of speed if I make them individual fader buttons.
Clgsound

Postby support » 14 June 2016, 12:53

When i have a 2-step scene for my dimmer if i go to 100% my lights cut off. so in editor i have to tell my lights to go to 254 not 255.

We are not able to reproduce this problem.
Please post your lightshow, and tell us how to see that problem.

Please read this for Master Faders and Sliders: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3647
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Clgsound » 14 June 2016, 13:07

Sorry I didn't clarify more. this is when I have the button set to a fader button and mapped to a Fader on my APC20. when my APC fader is pushed all the way up the lights cut off. If I click the fader button in live with a mouse they do not cut off. but this has happened with different controllers I've tried not just the APC20.
Clgsound

Postby Clgsound » 14 June 2016, 13:18

support wrote:Please keep in mind that these 4 faders are "masters", which means proportional adjustment.

Yes I understand the two fader options. Im just unable to do what I would wish to at the current moment I guess. For me there is no point in having my dimmer effects and color effects on individual speed controls. I want all scenes to be playing at the same rate. When I program, all my effects scenes have the same overall time so I can use a speed fader to control all.
My problem comes from there only being 4 Masters Speed/Dimmer.
I have them all set to speed controlling, XY positions, Movement speed, Dimmer effect speed, Color change speed.
I also need a master for each of my fixture types and by creating a fader button in Live it doest do as I need because if a scene with a dimmer effect is active it will overtake what I call my master.
I can't activate buttons with my master off because if I activate a dimmer effect with my current master off when I turn it on the software see them as being whatever % they are instead of running the dimmer effect.

Idk much about software programing but would there be a way to duplicate your programming and bump the masters speed/dimmer up to 8 in the drop down menu.

Or could i send you my show and you make the changes you're speaking of and send it back. maybe I'm just confused by your wording.
Clgsound

Postby Niffo » 14 June 2016, 13:32

Clgsound wrote:Sorry I didn't clarify more. this is when I have the button set to a fader button and mapped to a Fader on my APC20. when my APC fader is pushed all the way up the lights cut off. If I click the fader button in live with a mouse they do not cut off. but this has happened with different controllers I've tried not just the APC20.

Fixed for next fix file.
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby MTFentertainment » 28 June 2016, 20:57

Clgsound wrote:

Yes I understand the two fader options. Im just unable to do what I would wish to at the current moment I guess. For me there is no point in having my dimmer effects and color effects on individual speed controls. I want all scenes to be playing at the same rate. When I program, all my effects scenes have the same overall time so I can use a speed fader to control all.
My problem comes from there only being 4 Masters Speed/Dimmer.
I have them all set to speed controlling, XY positions, Movement speed, Dimmer effect speed, Color change speed.
I also need a master for each of my fixture types and by creating a fader button in Live it doest do as I need because if a scene with a dimmer effect is active it will overtake what I call my master.
I can't activate buttons with my master off because if I activate a dimmer effect with my current master off when I turn it on the software see them as being whatever % they are instead of running the dimmer effect.

Idk much about software programing but would there be a way to duplicate your programming and bump the masters speed/dimmer up to 8 in the drop down menu.

Or could i send you my show and you make the changes you're speaking of and send it back. maybe I'm just confused by your wording.

I would like to second this request. I also like to use the proportional faders to control fixture and effect types. 8 fader would be very useful. They do not all have to be visible because they will be midi mapped.

Thanks guys!
MTFentertainment

Next

Return to Live - Buttons