Light Show pages not avaiable on Live Buttons Screen

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

Light Show pages not avaiable on Live Buttons Screen

Postby Penpont Players » 20 February 2023, 11:29

On loading any of my light show on mywindows 10 64 bit desktop PC only one page can be accessed from the live button screen - the down arrow at the end of the page name no longerprovides drop down of the other pages in the show. The same shows work on a windows 11 laptop without issue.
Have reinstalled Sweetlight, removed and and re-imported light shows but same problem occuring.
Any Ideas?
Penpont Players

Re: Light Show pages not avaiable on Live Buttons Screen

Postby butlerray » 20 February 2023, 15:04

Just check where the files and folders are being saved. I saved mine to My Documents and is didn't work. If you go to the file accessed
directly by Showxpress you should be able to copy and paste from other computers. This is what worked for me. I copy and paste scenes
and timelines from my home computer to the gig computer all the time and it has worked for me.

Go to My PC - Windows - Scroll down to USERS - the user folder, not the Public - that should have the The Lighting Controller folder in it -
open the Lighting Controller folder and that should have the Lightshows folder. If you open that folder it is where you can copy prepared
lightshows from and to. This is what worked for me. I hope it helps.

Ray
butlerray

Postby Penpont Players » 20 February 2023, 17:46

Thanks Ray. The files are correctly located - I have no issues moving shows between PCs. The issue is simply that on my Windows 10 desktop each multi-page light show only has one page avaiable when in buttons view whereas the same light show on my Windows 11 laptop has all pages visible when the down arrow at the end of the page name bar is clicked. The issue is more strange in that the problem only started occuring recently, before Christmas all pages showed up on the desktop. I am wondering if a Windows 10 update has impacted the sweetlight software?
If I add a new page on my desktop I lose sight of the page that was displayed before adding the new page and only have access to that new page to add scenes. If I transfer that file to my gigging pc all the pages, including the new one are there. they should be.
If you have any other thoughts or someone else has, I would appreciate getting them - My multi-screen desktop is so much easier when preparing shows before moving them to the gig laptop!
Penpont Players

Postby butlerray » 20 February 2023, 19:53

Try going to the menu, top left under the editor. Left click and open button
settings. In the buttons/tab window select boards and the number you want to have.
I hope this works.
Ray
butlerray

Postby Penpont Players » 06 March 2023, 14:33

Hi Ray

Looks like the issue is with latest version of sweetlight software on my windows 10 OS environment. I reverted to sweetlight version 9.2.23-20127--64Bits (2020) from 9.2.38 17 June 2022 which was cauing the problem and that has fixed the issue.
I have two windows 11 laptops one of which has the 2020 software and one the 2022 update and both work perfectly.

Many thanks for yourresponses but would be interested if anyone else has experienced problems with 2022 update on windows 10.

Peter
Penpont Players

Postby Niffo » 14 March 2023, 15:37

We made several tests with Windows 10, multiple monitors and even with a Windows DPI scaling > 100% and did not reproduced the problem with 9.3.4 fix file.
Niffo
Administrateur

Return to Live - Buttons