dimmable button? [done]

create pages with buttons to trigger scenes

dimmable button? [done]

Postby genlitepro » 21 February 2020, 18:50

Is there anyway to add an option for buttons that are linked to a dimmable channel to be given a fader option that would control the value of that channel? It would work very similar to the master fader, but be contained within the button and only affect the dimmable channel assigned to that scene. For example, I could create a scene that controlled only the dimmer channel of a specified fixture(s). Then when that button is selected, the brightness of that channel would be controlled by the fader within that button. That way, we would not be limited to the 8 master faders we are currently using. This would be a great option replace the "DMX in" that I am currently using with the old x-factor interface, as I am upgrading to touch screens and would like to get rid of my 32 channel fader board, but still have the flexibility of using "virtual faders". By the way, loving the V9 software!
genlitepro

Re: dimmable button? maybe?

Postby SeekLighting » 21 February 2020, 23:45

Yes, this function already exists.

Create a 2 step scene. First step has your dimmer channel off, second step has the channel on. Set the fade value to "snap" and save.

Now add this as a button in live mode. right click it and select "fader slider". And voila it's done :)
SeekLighting

Re: dimmable button? [done]

Postby Luc Henrion » 22 February 2020, 11:55

I suppose you mean we have to set the dimmer channel to "zero" and to "255", not "disabled" and "enabled" ?
Great tip otherwise !
Luc Henrion

Postby genlitepro » 22 February 2020, 14:01

Thanks! Works great!
genlitepro

Postby support » 24 February 2020, 09:10

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Luc Henrion » 24 February 2020, 11:54

Now just two questions:
- why are those faders (only) horizontal instead of vertical ? When you add a lot of scenes into the same board they become very narrow, the fader becomes almost useless...
- why this rather questionable design - not at all like a "real" fader ?
Thanks.
Luc Henrion

Postby support » 24 February 2020, 15:19

why are those faders (only) horizontal instead of vertical ?

This option is existing: right click > popup menu > "Vertical slider"
why not at all like a "real" fader?

It has to have a different drawing, because it is different from a Master Fader
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Luc Henrion » 24 February 2020, 16:02

Thank you for the "vertical" option I didn't see: I guessed it was a "right-click" thing but I was trying to clic on the fader instead of the button...
Regarding the design of the fader OK, I understand, but since it's placed in a different place anyway don't you think it could be a little more like a "real" fader ?
Besides, on my small laptop (1366 x 768 resolution), if I choose 8 boards and 6 buttons on one board, even the (vertical) fader can't be used: the knob (and value) isn't displayed anymore. A maximum of 5 is allowed. Not a lot... ;)
Luc Henrion

Postby genlitepro » 08 March 2020, 01:11

I do agree with Luc on the Fader size issue, the graphics of the slider could be a little larger. I am using two 21" touch screens, and you have to be very precise to move them. Even just a wider "handle" would help. Also being able to use the wheel on a mouse, as you can now do with the master faders would help as well. With that said, I appreciate all you all do and keep up the great work!
genlitepro

Postby Luc Henrion » 08 March 2020, 09:09

+1 for the mouse wheel and +1 (and much more !) for the great work ! ;)
Luc Henrion

Return to Live - Buttons