my pixels scenes don't work in Live! [fixed]

create scenes for multi-RGB channels fixtures

my pixels scenes don't work in Live! [fixed]

Postby btrMobile » 02 October 2015, 16:08

I have an American DJ Jellyfish light (which has 7 segments of RGBW leds) in 28-channel mode and trying to use Pixels mode to animate effects on it.

I can make Pixel scenes OK, the effect plays on to the light via DMX properly in the Pixels tab and also if I open the .sce files in Edit, Steps view.

But putting those specific scenes in to buttons on the Live tab, nothing happens. No light output, no visible activity on the DMX Bargraph, setting that Page to chase play it never switches to another scene from the currently active one.

I have created hand-edited versions of some of the scenes in Steps tab, as I can't see how to control the White LED channels from Pixels - selecting White colour for output gives me R+G+B which doesn't look much like white on the Jellyfish as the beams are spread out. Those hand-edited ones also do not work in Live. Other scenes (from Steps or Generator) are playing properly in Live.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with the Cable interface unit (the cheaper little purple one), with Sweetlight 7.1.63 - 150617. I am at a total of 8 configured fixtures and no channel numbers above 100 are in use. Am I doing something wrong, or are Pixel features not supported for the Cable interface?

(I have a backup zip of my lightshow folder, where should I send the dropbox download link?)
btrMobile

Re: my pixels scenes don't work in Live!

Postby support » 02 October 2015, 21:42

Please post the link in this topic.
We will check your lightshow.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby btrMobile » 02 October 2015, 23:26

btrMobile

Postby support » 03 October 2015, 14:36

We are not able to reproduce your problem.
- we imported your lightshow
- we added a new page in Live
- we added the 8 Pixels scenes called "jf pixel - ..." in that page
- when we trigger these scenes, we see some channels moving in the dmx bargraph

There should be another problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby btrMobile » 03 October 2015, 17:55

I don't know what caused the problem, but uninstalling and reinstalling the software has fixed it.

It was not necessary to remove my Users\Matt\TheLightingController folder - reinstalling and leaving that folder there fixed the issue. (I did of course back up my lightshow in case that didn't work and I wanted to test removing that folder in case something was somehow broken in there.)

Thanks for the help, but it was fixed by reinstalling.
btrMobile

Return to Pixels