BPM to Generator

create scenes with shape generator

Re: BPM to Generator

Postby support » 22 October 2018, 08:05

So setting a full on dimmer on one step and full off dimmer on the second step with the fade selected will only give a dimmer pulse of a half the BPM

Noted.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby thorehl » 09 November 2018, 18:26

seantosz wrote:I thought of that but it seems you can only sync steps scene to the exact BPM or quarter notes? So setting a full on dimmer on one step and full off dimmer on the second step with the fade selected will only give a dimmer pulse of a half the BPM. I am at least trying to get quarter notes.

Been asking for this since 2015 :D (/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3729&p=14796#p14796)
since my leds can do 25 changes pr. second and ShowXpress can do 1 :p ;)
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby seantosz » 24 January 2019, 16:02

yeah man it's frustrating. I actually did see your original post. Developers seem resistant to making the generator programming and live button performance more musical (time aligned to BPM).
Last edited by seantosz on 12 March 2019, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
seantosz

Postby support » 24 January 2019, 16:47

As thorehl said
Instead of using Generator to make a dimmer pulse, create everything you need in Generator apart from dimming. Then create a Steps-file with your dimmer channel, and activate it a all using a macro button

This is exactly how to profit as best as possible of the possibilities of our software.

Regarding Generator
There is no start time, no end time and no steps.
A Generator scene is a crazy complex scene where several different duration curves are merged together.
There is no specific points to play/pause in.

Regarding Steps
It is possible to make "play/pause" actions via any trigger (BPM, Beat, midi, tap, ...).
We have understood that half/quarter of BPM would be welcome.
This is noted. We will check the possibility as soon as we could do it.

There is no need to threaten to change for a new product.
We love our job, and we do as fast as possible.
If we are not able to satisfy your needs fast enough, we apologize for that, and we understand you leave us for another product.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby seantosz » 04 April 2019, 11:28

I still love the program. It is very powerful and versatile. After watching all of the Darren Fields videos and getting a apc mini you can really unlock possibilities within the LIVE pages. My critiques are just to make this the perfect product I want. I still believe the timeline programming and generator should have snapping alignments to a beat grid like many people have said.
seantosz

Previous

Return to Editor - Generator