Generator and Pixels no longer produce "generated" scenes?

create scenes with shape generator

Generator and Pixels no longer produce "generated" scenes?

Postby dj spiff » 10 January 2016, 17:15

I have been exploring 8 and it's features. I am very excited about the direction and couldn't have dreamed of anything better. However, important elements of my show will not be able to be built with this new version. It seems that the generator will no longer create scene files. I assume Pixels as well. Allow me to explain why these scenes are so important to me.

Pixels:
I use Pixels scenes for two reasons. As a button, to let a scene run and show the animation. Live running Pixels projects will be great for this. As a preset button tied to a MIDI knob. A Pixels project will not do this in Live. Midi controlled Pixels scenes are by far the most incredible dynamic that the software has to offer. I have been doing this for years and it is stable and blows minds. My hope is that you would preserve this as yet unexploited edge with a generator button. If not, I suppose I could go to 6 or 7 on another computer, write some scenes, drop them in the light show start V8 and let it integrate them. Whatever you do, I'm happy. You could also add CMY to Pixels. Formula: (C=255-R),(M=255-G),(Y=255-B) this really works.

Generator:
While it may be fun to just turn on the generator and let it fly, I prefer a more slow blooming look. With 6 fixtures positioned for pan -127 left +127 right, I do the following: Select fixtures 1,2,3 for generator. Make something nice, and save as scene. In editor I copy 1 to 6 and reverse. then 2-5 and 3-4 reversing as necessary. It's not hard to imagine what this looks like. I can run a color chase through all six fixtures. Expanding on your new tilt and order functions to accommodate this writing style would make this version a real powerhouse. Generated movement scenes on midi knobs can also be quite fun and beautiful.

I have hacked my way through a version change before. v5 to v6 converter was a godsend to me and the clubs in which I had installed. It seems to be built into version 8, so I'll see how it goes. This version is absolutely groundbreaking and incredible. Everyone involved should be very proud, as I will be to use it.
dj spiff

Re: Generator and Pixels no longer produce scenes?

Postby support » 10 January 2016, 18:43

Yes, Live plays now native Generator/Pixels projects, which means "you will see in Live exactly what you see in Generator/Pixels".

However, please note that scenes are still generated in tab "StandAlone":
- import the project in the timeline
- select "Zone #1" for instance
- press "Upload data"
- the scene "../YourLightshow/StandAlone/scenes/universe1_button1.sce" will be created ; it is the generated scene you are looking for
Caution: the standalone data in your interface will be changed ; you will have to re-upload the original data.

In Generator, it is possible to reverse pan/tilt for each fixture, in a project: button "Menu" in the toolbar > menu "Reverse Pan/Tilt"
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor - Generator