Moving Fixtures Orders and X/Y Inverting

create scenes with shape generator

Moving Fixtures Orders and X/Y Inverting

Postby 1stKingfish » 28 October 2015, 10:33

Good day

I've been playing around in the generator creating a few movement sequences, each with different fixture orders and different XY inverting options. Upon adding them in live, i noticed that sequences does run as i designed them. So my first question is does the fixture order and XY invert setting stick with the generator scene or are they applied universally throughout? Secondly if they are applied universally, is there a way i can apply each generator scene with it's own fixture order and XY inverting options?

Additionally I am wondering, would it be be possible to create static scenes with the generator by introducing only a single step in the XY curve?

Lastly, i would like to know/suggest the potential for a fan in/out function for static step scenes. Allow me to explain... Lets say you have six moving head fixtures and you would like them to spread out evenly across a strait line or curve. For example, if wanted to wash a stage evenly with the suggested six fixtures it would be great if i was able to define the outer, let's say, X values for the outer fixtures and the software is able to calculate the X values for the inner fixtures four fixtures to spread out evenly between the outer limits?

Final thoughts. Great job! I absolutely love using this software and it is amazing to see how it developed over the years since i used the fist version! Keep up the good work!
1stKingfish

Re: Moving Fixtures Orders and X/Y Inverting

Postby support » 28 October 2015, 15:01

i can apply each generator scene with it's own fixture order and XY inverting options?

Yes you can.

potential for a fan in/out function for static step scenes

This is already in our list of nice features to do, but we can not give any date for this.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Moving Fixtures Orders and X/Y Inverting

Postby 1stKingfish » 29 October 2015, 07:58

Thanks for the reply!

1stKingfish wrote:Upon adding them in live, i noticed that sequences does run as i designed them. So my first question is does the fixture order and XY invert setting stick with the generator scene or are they applied universally throughout?

I picked up this issue when i used the unpatched version. Latest patch sorted it out real nice. Thank you!
1stKingfish

Return to Editor - Generator