Windows 7 Drivers with Xpress 512 Plus

post here topics for Windows only

Windows 7 Drivers with Xpress 512 Plus

Postby jsb » 19 August 2016, 14:01

Hello,

I'm on a Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 64 bit and I've downloaded all the latest drivers and ShowXpress software. When I plug in the Xpress 512 Plus I get a message that says, "USB Device Not Recognized" and then another message a few seconds later that says, "Device driver software was not successfully installed."

Because of this, I went into Device Manager to do a manual install of the drivers. The device exists under Universal Serial Bus controllers, but is listed as "Unknown Device." I right click>click on Update Driver Software>browse my computer for driver software - when I direct it to the 64bit driver folder and click Next, I get a message that says, "The best driver software for your device is already installed" and "Windows has determined the driver software for your device to be up to date."

So, I do the same Update Driver Software as before, this time selecting to Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer>Have Disk>and then select "efk" from the 64 bit driver folder. After this I choose REMOTE Interface64bits (2015_08_15) and click Next. I then get a warning saying Windows doesn't recommend installing the driver because it can't verify that it is compatible with the hardware. I ignore this and continue anyway. The final step is a message that says, "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device." It goes on to say, "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." And then it gives me, "This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. (Code 29)."

I've tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and re-installing the driver, and making sure my computer is up to date with it's own drivers. I've searched and searched through the forums and can't seem to find the fix for my problem. Does anyone have any clue what I can do to fix this? I also have an iMac that I can successfully connect to, so it's not a hardware issue. Are there more recent drivers needed for the Xpress 512 plus than what's released here in the forum? Please help!

JB
jsb

Re: Windows 7 Drivers with Xpress 512 Plus

Postby pogjack » 23 August 2016, 00:47

I've actually gotten this to work on another computer finally, but now a different computer replacing that one is having trouble. I am directing the computer to the 64bit 2016 driver, but it still only wants to show and install the 2015 driver which doesn't work.

You really have to figure out how to not let this happen, its very frustrating.
pogjack

Postby pogjack » 23 August 2016, 01:32

I am trying everything. I am having to permentally shut off the check driver signature in order for it to work. Every driver download I do on the forum is giving me 2015 drivers.
pogjack

Postby support » 23 August 2016, 10:49

"2015" is the lastest version ; the signature is valid until 2017.

Please try with another computer, and let us know if it works or not.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby jsb » 23 August 2016, 12:38

Not even shutting off the check driver signature worked for me.

I don't have another Windows computer to try this on. I have an iMac, which works, but I need it to work on a Windows 7 x64. Any ideas why the drivers aren't properly loading? I keep getting a message saying the drivers were found, but they encountered a problem and failed to load.
jsb

Postby timobeus » 03 December 2016, 12:36

I have the exact same problem. The Win7 is telling me the latest driver has a expired signiture. I download the drives here: http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... rivers.zip
according to windows i have to contact the manufactor of the device to check if there is a newer driver available..
Have you perhaps found a way to fix this?
timobeus

Return to Windows