Re-Load Version 8 due to USB Driver issue with Win7

post here topics for Windows only

Re-Load Version 8 due to USB Driver issue with Win7

Postby BLUENINJA9R » 16 October 2021, 11:30

Good afternoon,
I updated to version 9 for my D512 on my Windows 7 computer, however, I have since discovered that the drivers will not work for the D512 interface.

I tried re-loading Version 8 software update but it is still opening up the version 9 dashboard.

Is there a way I can go back to Version 8 or will I have to uninstall Sweetlight and lose my shows and set up?

Or, is the only option to buy a Win 10 computer?

Thanks
Ian
BLUENINJA9R

Re: Re-Load Version 8 due to USB Driver issue with Win7

Postby support » 17 October 2021, 09:08

I updated to version 9 for my D512 on my Windows 7 computer, however, I have since discovered that the drivers will not work for the D512 interface.

V8 and V9 need different USB drivers.
Please read this for more details: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... f=2&t=5789

I tried re-loading Version 8 software update but it is still opening up the version 9 dashboard.

Looks like an icon shortcut issue.
Try to open the folder of the software and run the file "TheLightingController.exe".

Is there a way I can go back to Version 8 or will I have to uninstall Sweetlight and lose my shows and set up?

Your lightshows will never be lost, whatever you do with software installations.
However, if you make modifications in a lightshow with V9, V8 may be not able to read it again.

is the only option to buy a Win 10 computer?

Windows 8.1 is supposed to be ok for V9 (with its USB drivers), but there may be additional Windows files to install, and Microsoft is not chatty about that. It is clear they prefer that people go for Windows 10.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Re-Load Version 8 due to USB Driver issue with Win7

Postby thorehl » 17 October 2021, 09:11

v9 works fine on Win7. Using it now actually.
Just point the drivers update manually to this dir:
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\SweetLight\drivers\EFKusb(64bit)

If installed in default directory. I'm guessing you've got a 64-bit pc system
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Return to Windows