Very precise & synch flashs (by taping keyword)

create scenes with steps

Very precise & synch flashs (by taping keyword)

Postby Aymerik » 24 September 2023, 16:38

Hi. I want to edit a scene with multiple and various flash (on a strobe).
Because it’s not on each beat of the song, but synch with drums and other specific moments in the song, I try to edit a step scene to be very precise. But it’s too complicated. Too many flashes, not the same duration, not the same frequency…

Taping with a finger on a key of my keyword to switch on the strobe (making a flash) should be more precise. But I don’t know how to proceed on the software. It would consist in playing the song, and recording my tapings on the key, the software transposing my tapes in on/off flash.

I’m not sure to be clear ;)
But if you understood, is there someone with a tip ?
Aymerik

Re: Very precise & synch flashs (by taping keyword)

Postby support » 25 September 2023, 14:06

You can do that in TimeLine.
You press "play" and you press the two keys "ctrl + m" to put a yellow mark at the required time.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Aymerik » 25 September 2023, 14:25

ok I tried. I can see how to add yellow lines.

Is there a way to automatically to cue (to put the beginning of my scene at the yellow line) ?
Because when i do it with the mouse, the yellow line disapears (the line, not the triangle on the top of the timeline) and i can't succeed to place the scene exactly at the right place.

Thanks
Aymerik

Postby support » 25 September 2023, 14:50

Is there a way to automatically to cue (to put the beginning of my scene at the yellow line) ?

No this is not possible.
i can't succeed to place the scene exactly at the right place.

With max zoomming, this is possible.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Aymerik » 25 September 2023, 15:32

To give you an idea, i have 5 yellow mark within a second.
They correspond to 5 fast drums beats.

I try not to have some strobe flashes with the same frequency,
but to be able de program 5 flashs synchronized with hook, fourdoubles etc in solfege language.

That's why i try to find a way to program that in a scene, much than in a timeline.
I could do it with step scene but it's headache to calculate time and delay for each step..

So in a scene, by taping on a key on the keyboard, it could be so easy to put flashs (or every effect) on.
Aymerik

Postby support » 26 September 2023, 08:12

A scene is designed to last max a few tens of seconds.
A timeline is designed to last minutes and more.

In case of you use "Virtual DJ", you can put markers in the song in "Virtual DJ" software, and these markers will trigger buttons in the section "Live" of our software.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Aymerik » 27 September 2023, 18:12

Je continue la discussion ici parce qu'en Français ce sera plus simple.

Ce que je cherche à faire
J'essaie de reproduire des effets tels que vus dans les vidéos des shows d'artistes internationaux.
Ces effets sont trop précis et chiadés pour être exécutés à la mano.
Ils sont rapides, synchronisés sur le rythme mais aussi sur les contre temps, reprises, effets sonores.
Et pas juste au BPM.

Nombreux, ils s'enchainent, se recoupent, et parfois il peut y avoir plusieurs départs dans la meme seconde.
extrait 1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_yur6W ... sp=sharing
extrait 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QKM_30 ... sp=sharing

Composition
Selon moi, c'est en mode STEP ou GENERATOR que je dois créer ce type d'effets.
Et c'est là que j'avais l'idée, pour être très précis, d'utiliser le mode STEP pour et de pouvoir taper sur une touche de mon clavier pour dire à votre soft quand exactement alumer le spot. Car j'appuie manuellement sur une touche de mon clavier chaque fois que je veux que mes spots s'allument, en écoutant le son et en synchronisant les mouvements de mon doigt/touche avec le son.

Je me suis demandé si je ne pouvais pas m'enregistrer avec mon smartphone taper sur une touche par exemple.
Puis reprendre le fichier son sous audacity pour zoomer à fond, et récup le timecode exact (min:secondes:dixieme de seconde) de chaque frappe.
Et ensuite basculer sur le mode SCENE, et programmer chaque step on puis off.

Programmation
C'est dans TIMELINE que j'appelle ma scène STEP.
Dans laquelle tout est programmé pour un passage spécifique de x secondes pendant le morceau.
Sychronisées avec la musique et/ou la vidéo. Car impossible de lancer ces effets manuellement.

Qu'en pensez-vous ?
Existe t-il une ou plusieurs techniques proches de ce que je vous décris ?
Je me demandais aussi si je ne pouvais pas faire appel à ChatGPT pour retranscrire mon time code (quand je frappe) en code adapté a une scene STEP. Afin qu'il gère lui meme les durées de chaque step, et le setup des spots.
Aymerik

Postby support » 27 September 2023, 21:40

Voici comment on procède avec notre logiciel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODJFERsq8BI
A essayer !
Ca ne correspond pas parfaitement à ce que vous demandez, mais le résultat est sympa.

Après, quand on commence à parler de croches et double croches, il faut utiliser un lecteur externe audio qui peut envoyer aussi des informations midi. Ca complique toute de suite pas mal.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Aymerik » 29 September 2023, 13:58

ok c'est cool, ca permet de définir une fréquence en déterminant un BPM qui peut varier.
merci
Aymerik

Return to Editor - Steps