DMX number under the fader

create scenes with steps

DMX number under the fader

Postby costas » 09 October 2019, 13:41

It would be great to be able to saw the actual DMX number under the fader again. It' s something that is very usefull when we have big projects with architectural lighting with many different drivers and converters and we are trying to check if all our fixtures works. Now we must go back to see the patch and again back to editor etc.
costas

Re: DMX number under the fader

Postby support » 09 October 2019, 14:17

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Luc Henrion » 09 October 2019, 16:08

Yet... it somehow "knows" where ( = on what DMX channel)to apply the command, isn't it ? I mean, not directly, "via" the fixtures settings but...
Luc Henrion

Postby costas » 10 October 2019, 07:27

Come on guys, i' m not ask why this is happening, my discussion starts for see if this can programmed as an update. I don't think that only me have this problem, it is something that we use in previous versions and now we lose it. When i creating a lightshow in my office everything can overcome easily, but when we are on site with 3 and 4 uni, we want quick access to the information. DMX Bargraph can't work for that i'm talking about. I think you can display in that box the channel that you drive from the Editor-Fixtures
costas

Postby support » 10 October 2019, 08:57

For users it looks easy, but not for software coders.
Trying to explain a bit.
Section "Steps" has to ask section "Fixtures": "please tell me the dmx address of the fixture with the ID 'xxxxxxxxx'".
Each time you move a fixture to another dmx address, the section "Fixtures" must send the message to the section "Steps", "caution, the dmx address of fixture ID 'xxxxxxxxx' has changed ; it is now xxx".
Again, section "Steps" knows only ID's for fixtures.
With such messages exchanges, many new possible issues.
The real location to see the dmx addresses is the dmx bargraph, because the dmx addresses are fixed here.
The best will be to improve the dmx bargraph by showing more details.
To select a fixture, we just click on its thumbnail in 2DView, we do not enter its dmx address.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Luc Henrion » 10 October 2019, 18:30

"The best will be to improve the dmx bargraph by showing more details."
As you said...
Zoom !!! :D
Luc Henrion

Return to Editor - Steps