Big Dipper L004 LED wash bars won't respond

create scenes with steps

Big Dipper L004 LED wash bars won't respond

Postby CDSLP » 28 April 2019, 01:48

I have 4 Big Dipper L004 LED wash bars (25 channel mode) that I'm trying to set up like my Chauvet ColorRails with ShowXpress. The dmx is turned on in steps and off in generator and live. The lights work perfectly with my Obey 70 but don't even flicker with ShowXpress. I even had all 8 bars hooked up with a terminator and only the ColorRails would respond. I then swapped the addresses between the L004s and ColorRails with no change?? I was hoping to duplicate my 30 ColorRail chases and play them together with the macros on my midi board.
CDSLP

Re: Big Dipper L004 LED wash bars won't respond

Postby SeekLighting » 28 April 2019, 10:49

Do they have the exact same fixture profile?
SeekLighting

Re: Big Dipper L004 LED wash bars won't respond

Postby CDSLP » 28 April 2019, 13:42

The L004 are 25 channel and the ColorRails are 26(they are identical except for an extra strobe channel at 26). I'm not using the same chase for both lights, I'm trying to set up the L004's like the ColorRails with it's own chases but the lights won't respond in Steps. I created a 25 channel profile for the bars I've tried each bar on its own and nothing, then I hooked up the ColorRails to see if a signal was present and they responded in Steps. I can't figure out why the bars won't light up on ShowXpress but will with the Obey 70. I've made up a bunch of profiles for my older fixtures with no issues, they work great; just not these bars.
CDSLP

Return to Editor - Steps