V8.1.00 - Function "reverse pan/tilt"

create scenes with steps

V8.1.00 - Function "reverse pan/tilt"

Postby Pink LD » 23 May 2016, 01:05

Support,

I am setting up my pallettes and I am having a problem with my static focus points for my upstage movers. I use all my fixtures in their native profiles and use the software's "reverse pan on all steps" function as I would normally go thru all my focus scenes for a show by show focus update, however in Pallettes as I do this it affects all my upstage movers scenes and is throwing off my updating of static focus points because I need a "reverse pan ON THIS STEP" function.

Even though I use the reverse pan function, I some times still tweak that symmetrical fixture a bit after the reverse because fixture hanging is an approximate process, not an exact science. What is the likelihood that the reverse pan/tilt function have an option to affect on;y the step I am on?

Thanks!
Pink LD

Re: V8.1.00 Pallettes

Postby support » 23 May 2016, 07:05

There is no "reverse pan/tilt ..." function in Steps.
There is only the function "flip pan/tilt value on all steps", which means reverse the steps order for the pan/tilt channel.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: V8.1.00 - Function "reverse pan/tilt"

Postby Pink LD » 23 May 2016, 07:18

Ok, "Flip pan value on all steps" is the correct name of the feature I am speaking of, but the problem still persists. I utilise my movers on their natural full pan/tilt profile with nothing reversed.
When I focus the fixtures I focus symmetrical pairs and then filp the pan value of one of the pair. So if I am to use Pallettes I need to be able to flip the pan on the Pallette step I am working on. As of now whenever I flip the pan of a step in Pallettes I am working on, it flips the values on all steps. This means the previous step I just focused gets unflipped.
So is it likely that I may get the ability to flip pan/tilt on only the step I am working on, or do I need to stop usong Pallettes and go back to a group of focus scenes I update from show to show?
Pink LD

Re: V8.1.00 Pallettes

Postby Pink LD » 23 May 2016, 07:25

support wrote:There is no "reverse pan/tilt ..." function in Steps.
There is only the function "flip pan/tilt value on all steps", which means reverse the steps order for the pan/tilt channel.

And it does not reverse the steps order, it flips the DMX value to the symmetrical opposite point in DMX from the home value of 127. So if I drive a pair of fixtures to 170 in pan, I can then select the one fixture I wish to flip and it flips 170 to 85.
Now, to be fair, my focus protocol scenes have been one step scenes of just X & Y values. So I have used the flip feature to repleace my DMX chart of symmetrical values of DMX from the home position.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 23 May 2016, 07:43

On further consideration I think on my single step focus scenes I have co-opted tge "flip pan/tilt on all steps" feature for something that was not intended.
Basically I was using the feature as a DMX calculator to find the opposite value of DMX from home for the symmetrical opposite fixture in my rig.

Forget I brought this up, I will find another way to utilise Pallettes. I mean once I have all the US fixture pallettes built they will generally be close enough for me to eyeball asymmetrical focus.
Pink LD

Postby thorehl » 12 September 2016, 11:05

And how did you sort this function/feature?
I usually have a "Utility" page with buttons that do things like this for me.
- Spot center Home (straight down)
- Wash center Home (straight down)
- Hazer(s) default fan/output
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Return to Editor - Steps