Best way to program?

create scenes with steps

Best way to program?

Postby Alpho » 26 October 2015, 06:06

Hey,

I've been programming colors in Steps for a few years now, including the dimmer channels MAXED for each color/scene I save. For example, if I'm programming Red, I would have the red fader at 255 and the dimmer at 255. Does anyone here program just the color value and do the dimmer value separately on a fader or so? With the company I work for, we do school dances, fashion shows, corporate events, etc, and I would like to be able to have full control over my lights.

Also for making different color scenes for the event, having each fixture usually on a different address, I would pull every color for my blinders onto one page, select the colors I like, and then create a macro button in a different page to save the scene. Is there a better more efficient way of doing this?

Example:

More questions to come! Thanks!
Alpho

Re: Best way to program?

Postby thorehl » 27 October 2015, 16:59

I work with bands, and the only differce is i differ from washers placed on the floor and washer in thrussing to achive different colors / multi coloring. Also, the truss lighs often have some sort of movement. Random lights going on/off, chases and so on...
On bigger stages I also add blinders, strobes and movingheads for even more movement in the lighting. I realy don't like static lighs. That's like -80/-90s.
When i have dance groups, I often create thunder light effect, strobing red/blue for police light effect and last, generate alot of different color changing with leds at 25-40% offset, so most of the show a different color. Use generator, group rgb (checkbox at bottom) and create 3-4 different "scenes".

Hope that helped a little.

Oh, btw. I always have a scene on the dimmer channels (a set master), step 1 = 000, step 2 = 255 and map it to a fader using midi. Theres always a light setup that'll be too much. Like red and blue. Red is always brighter than blue. So dimming the red fixtures a bit realy brings up the blue.
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Return to Editor - Steps