step saving

create scenes with steps

step saving

Postby Spazerflitz » 23 August 2015, 12:11

Excuse me if this is posted elsewhere. I've been searching the forum to locate a similar question.

Good morning and thank you to whomever replies.

OK, I am new to ShowXpress and DMX. I've been playing with the software and hardware for a few days. I love it other than this which I can quite grasp just yet.

When I save a step, it seems to save every thing done to get to the point of which I'd like to save. Example. I only have 2 COLORstrips and 1 SWARM fx5. Trying to make 1 step all blue flashing scene/step. When I save it, the flashing colorstirps seems to save what it took for me to locate the speed of the flash I was looking for. As in the COLORstrips will flash from slow to fast other than right from the point I clicked save. It's like they build speed other than just flashing at the speed of which I saved it.
Spazerflitz

Re: step saving

Postby rockinmo816 » 24 August 2015, 16:48

Hey,

I am a little confused with what your issue is, but by default, I believe there are two steps generated for every scene. So you have a starting point, and then an end point (2 steps). The scene will play those two steps over and over again with the allotted time set with each step.

To create a scene with just one step, delete step #2 and just configure step 1. Create a new scene to wipe out all changes for any other fixtures so you don't have unexpected behavior. Delete step #2. Highlight step #1. Find the fixture you want to edit and set the color, simmer, shutter, etc to exactly what you want. Now save this scene. When you recall this scene using a LIVE button, you should get the exact same effect as you did when building it in the editor.

The steps are for more complex scenes. Such as strobes come on for a 2 seconds, then off, then pars come on blue for two seconds, and then off, then strobes back on for 2 seconds, etc... each time a light changes it's effect a new step is needed. Also when you do movements for moving fixtures, each step is a different location or point of the movement. When you use the fade setting this makes the movement of the light seamless from one step to the next.

Just keep playing with the software, you'll get the hang of it. I'd be happy to walk through some things with you too if needed.

-Josh
rockinmo816

Re: step saving

Postby Spazerflitz » 30 August 2015, 12:16

Thank you for your time. I just got home from vacation and am sitting down to get to work now.
again thank you
Spazerflitz

Return to Editor - Steps