Just need an idea...

create scenes with steps

Just need an idea...

Postby Lighter007 » 26 February 2015, 18:31

Hi! I need an idea how to create the following: When I start a chaser for my LED Parcans eg in red I want to be able to start a second scene where all of them are always 10% blue so that they don't go off completely.
The problem is when I start the always-blue scene and the chase that the chaser also overrides the channels which are not used in a step.
Anyone an idea?
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Re: Just need an idea...

Postby LightWorx » 26 February 2015, 19:51

Disable all channel you do not want affected by the second chase so that only the color channels are changed.
LightWorx

Postby Lighter007 » 27 February 2015, 14:31

Sorry, i have to correct my example. What i meant was: I want to mix blue color to a blue chaser without changing the chaser scene itself (but by activating a new scene etc. with the one blue step).
Lighter007

Postby Earl Harvey » 27 February 2015, 15:06

Make override scene Autostart in Live?
Earl Harvey

Postby Lighter007 » 27 February 2015, 17:39

It´s not far away from this problem: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3590
Because the blue chaser always overrides all scenes and sets ALL the faders for ALL fixtures down in every step, also if they are not used in this step.
The solution would be to disable the faders (would not work because they would be disabled in all steps) for the step where they are not used in the chaser so that the scene with the 10% blue step could do his job and sets them on dark blue.

Regards
Lighter007

Postby Earl Harvey » 27 February 2015, 19:09

Often I usually will add my steps before I actually move any faders for each step if I know how many steps will be needed for the scene...
Earl Harvey

Postby MTF Showtechnic » 06 April 2015, 07:54

Hey Lighter,
hätte ich deine Adresse würde ich in deutsch schreiben! ;)
Make seperate scenes for the Chaser. If you need 8 Steps - make 8 seperate scenes with the needed colours and dimmer settings.
Make a timeline and arrange the, for example 8 steps, one after each other in one single Timeline!
The point to point distance between the seperate scenes define the running speed.
Put a "Stop" tool at the end of the timeline in the same distance like the seperate steps and set the timeline length to the necessary time of all steps.
Store the timeline.
Make a fixed dimmer scene for all the Fixtures you need.
Make a button with the created timeline and a button with the fixed dimmer scene.
Check it in 3DView
That's it. :o
Just an idea.....
greetings
MTF Showtechnic

Postby thorehl » 06 April 2015, 19:21

My eksample: (in Editor -> Step)
Scene file 1: Only dimmer @ 100%
Scene file 2: Only Blue color @ 10%
Scene file 3: Multi steps with ONLY Red fader on of creating the chase (can also be done in the Generator for red channel ONLY)

Now, in Live-tab, add the 3 buttons and create a fourth buttons as a Macro button and activate the three buttons.
(Chase pages as off today are hard to turn off again. Easier with buttons running the chase in steps)
Thore
lydlys.com - Freelance sound & light engeneer
Using HW: D1024 & D512
Controller: 2x Akai APC mini
my DIY light mixer
thorehl

Postby Lighter007 » 07 April 2015, 14:53

@Thore:
This will only work when you want to mix to different colors together (one chaser and one stafic) but if you want to mix 10% blue to a 100% blue chaser this won't because the chaser always turns down the blue of unused fixtures in a step to 0%.

@MTF: PN würde auch gehen ;)
Good idea. But maybe I wouldn't use a timeline but with a chase page (as Thore mentioned). I put each step-scene in there (just the dimmer @100%) and in another page I put a red/green/blue static scene and a dimmer with 10%.
Now I start the dimmer chase and the color and I can mix the same darker color to it. :idea:
Thanks for the help guys
Lighter007

Return to Editor - Steps