Right Click Context Menus are sometimes empty

create scenes with steps

Right Click Context Menus are sometimes empty

Postby Pink LD » 18 December 2014, 19:27

I recently upgraded to SX 7.1.28 (Meaning I am up to 7.1.23 plus the latest fix files) and I am having the occasional problem with right clicking on a channel. Sometimes all I get is an empty narrow box.

Also I have had the same happen in dropdown menus for the Child or 3D menu, I drops down, but the menu is empty. It does not happen all the time and each time that it has done it I just logged off and reopened the software. And it starts working right again.

Currently my software is working correctly but the next time it acts up I will get some screen grabs of the behaviour.
Pink LD

Re: Editor- Steps: Right Click Context Menus

Postby Pink LD » 24 December 2014, 00:18

Except for multiple difficulties with this on one day last week, it hasn't occured again. So perhaps it was just a fluke?
Pink LD

Re: Right Click Context Menus are sometimes empty

Postby dj spiff » 17 January 2015, 02:13

I have experienced this in version 6 after several hours of hard writing. It doesn't happen often, and only after pushing the editor really hard. for example, adding color wheel positions to 100 step pixels scenes, applying those values to all steps, etc. still not doing the bulk of my designing in 7 yet, so i haven't seen this problem there. I certainly love both versions for different reasons.

One thing, in 6 for windows the editor must be restarted, but the controller still functions with the live screen. Had this happen on a mac, and I had to go find the actual executibles on the computer to bring the editor back up. The startup screen's editor button had ceased to function. Show went on without substantial interruption. mac (16gig core i5) was also running Modul8 at the time, so it was crunching some numbers. APC40 controlling both softwares. gotta be ready for a bump in the road with that much going on.
dj spiff

Re: Right Click Context Menus are sometimes empty

Postby Pink LD » 17 January 2015, 03:27

Turned out this was a one off programming session bug. It hasn't appeared again for me, so I am writing it off as an unknown behaviour that jas not reappeared.
Pink LD

Return to Editor - Steps