Updating fixtures?

declare your lighting equipment

Updating fixtures?

Postby dumbfungus » 28 April 2023, 00:51

I have some intimidator scan 305 and looking to upgrade to the newer 360 model. Unfortunately their channels aren’t identical. My current ones - pan, tilt, speed, color, shutter, gobo. The new ones are completely different (except the first couple)

I have a ton of programming invested and don’t want to lose it. Is there a way to update the programming somehow to make the channels line up? Could it be done with Palettes? Or what’s my work around so I don’t have to start from scratch with new fixtures.
dumbfungus

Re: Updating fixtures?

Postby support » 28 April 2023, 08:08

Our software does not use IDs for channels. This means the scenes are channels hard coded, So the programs for all channels located in another position will be lost.
After checking the profils, if you replace the personality file (.txt), the pan/tilt and color scenes should be ok.
The other channels programs will be lost.
Sorry for that.

FYI, we already checked the possibility to replace a DMX fixture by another one and save the scenes.
We found so many cases that at the end we concluded that it is faster to redo the scenes, except for pan/tilt and RGB.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby dumbfungus » 28 April 2023, 12:22

support wrote:Our software does not use IDs for channels. This means the scenes are channels hard coded, So the programs for all channels located in another position will be lost.
After checking the profils, if you replace the personality file (.txt), the pan/tilt and color scenes should be ok.
The other channels programs will be lost.
Sorry for that.

FYI, we already checked the possibility to replace a DMX fixture by another one and save the scenes.
We found so many cases that at the end we concluded that it is faster to redo the scenes, except for pan/tilt and RGB.

Understood. All my colors and xy positions are done with palettes. Do you see that as being helpful? Or it sounds like I should just re-do my scenes
dumbfungus

Postby support » 28 April 2023, 13:13

We think it will be same.
We suggest you to make a safe backup of your lightshow, and then try.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 21 September 2023, 16:27

If you want to exchange more regarding this, please post here: https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... =75&t=7817
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor - Fixtures