Request - ability to duplicate fixture AND all it's uses

declare your lighting equipment

Request - ability to duplicate fixture AND all it's uses

Postby muscanto » 13 March 2023, 18:00

It would be nice to be able to duplicate a fixture and all of it's uses instead of just adding another fixture to the DMX address list. This would require parsing all the scene/generator files and copying the information from the source fixture to the target fixture. I don't know of a way to do this right now.

1. I add fixture "A"
2. I create several scenes with fixture "A"
3. I duplicate fixture "A" with fixture "B" using "Duplicate Fixture" and I choose "Yes" to the prompt that asks me if I want to duplicate all scenes and assignments.
4. When I active a scene I created in step 2, both fixture "A" and "B" do the same thing.
muscanto

Re: Request - Ability to duplicate fixture AND all it's uses

Postby support » 14 March 2023, 09:23

This is unfortunately not possible with the current version of the software.

The next major software version does not do exactly what you are asking for, but this will be a good help for your need. It is possible to add (or remove) a fixture in an existing Generator scene. So the fixture will not just copy the assignments, but it will participate in the scene like if you built it from scratch.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Request - Ability to duplicate fixture AND all it's uses

Postby dumbfungus » 26 March 2023, 19:08

support wrote:This is unfortunately not possible with the current version of the software.

The next major software version does not do exactly what you are asking for, but this will be a good help for your need. It is possible to add (or remove) a fixture in an existing Generator scene. So the fixture will not just copy the assignments, but it will participate in the scene like if you built it from scratch.

How do I add fixtures to existing gen scene??

Let’s say I just bought 4 new moving heads and I want them added What I’ve been doing is making a new gen scene and making it a button. Then macro it with the existing gen scene. It works but a bit of a chore
dumbfungus

Return to Editor - Fixtures