ControlBoard not responding to MIDI if IP is changed

start all applications from here

ControlBoard not responding to MIDI if IP is changed

Postby Arjan » 24 August 2011, 15:11

Hi,

I wanted to try running 3DView on a separate computer according to Using the software on two separate computers and it works as described. However as soon as I set the ControlBoard IP to the remote computer my local ControlBoard stops responding to locally incoming MIDI messages, the buttons simply don't get pressed anymore. Restoring the IP to localhost 127.0.0.1 immediately restores the MIDI functionality (after a restart of the software of course). Pressing the buttons with the mouse does work and the change is also reflected in the 3DView running on the remote computer.

Originally I wanted to post this under 3DView but I realize now that it is ControlBoard on my local computer that is communicating with the ControlBoard on the remote computer. From the description in your post mentioned above I thought that I would be setting up my local ControlBoard to talk to the remotely running 3DView directly but apparently that is not the case.

Anyway, would it be possible to make it so that ControlBoard on the local computer will keep responding to the incoming MIDI messages for buttons? Not a biggie as I just wanted to try this in relation to the frequent crashing problem I'm having with ControlBoard when it is receiving MIDI messages (which only happens if 3DView is enabled and the 3DView window is open).

Thanks,
Arjan
Arjan

Return to ControlBoard