MIDI batch patching

start all applications from here

MIDI batch patching

Postby Magneson » 11 January 2013, 13:27

Hi

For those of you addicted to MIDI out there, I've made an Excel worksheet that outputs a sort of compatible version of the midi_inputs_patch.ini, but it has it's quirks. As the file is now, the patch starts at MIDI CC 60 (445) and onwards. This can be altered to your specifications. Maybe support can provide info about the numbering in relations to Program Change, Note and CC.

The file that Excel generates has to be opened in Word, or a similar editor, that can serch and replace indentations to line shifts. This then has to be pasted into the midi_inputs_patch.ini file.

It's a bit quirky, but it should take a lot less time than manually learning all the MIDI data, and should also be able to fairly easily map your lights (ParCans at least) to any sequencer, MIDI keyboard or program (Reaktor/PD/MaxMSP...) that outputs MIDI data.

Best regards
Magneson
Attachments
BatchPatch.zip
(56.23 KiB) Downloaded 802 times
Magneson

Re: MIDI batch patching

Postby support » 13 January 2013, 15:01

Thank you.
Could be useful for those who need to patch a lot.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Magneson » 31 January 2013, 14:50

Does ControlBoard only accept one MIDI-signal at the time? I'm having a hard time dimming more than one fader at the same time.
Magneson

Postby support » 31 January 2013, 18:03

Midi is based on serial transmission, so there can be only one midi message at a time !
When the midi device sends too much midi data, the last midi messages can be delayed in the serial transmission.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Magneson » 01 February 2013, 09:59

Thanks, then I'll try to insert a small delay between the signals
Magneson

Return to ControlBoard