General question?

start all applications from here
Matthewclay

General question?

Post by Matthewclay »

I have used this software for a long time. Can get around in it very easy, but have 2 quick questions that I can't seem to get answered any help would be appreciated.

1- does sweet light have any boundary control? So I play on 1 stage & it is 20x20x15 but the next stage is completely different can I somehow adjust something to where my scenes will fit both stages the way I originally programed them?

2- this is much more complicated. What's the best way to program lights if your going to midi the lights & have them in time with the tracks I'm playing with? I know how to do this as far as programing the midi with software. I am trying to find the best concept of how to do this? Let me explain.

Normally I program a scene it could have 1 step or multiple steps. Then somebody on the stage steps through the scenes in live, I normally have 5-17 scenes per song. Now I'm playing with tracks & a click so everything can be midi & nobody on the side of the stage.

I'm trying to wrap my head around can I instead of programing multiple steps in a scene. Have multiple places on the stage & each place on stage assigned to a midi note. Then have each color assigned to a midi note etc. Etc. Anybody have any ideas?

3-can I assign multiple midi notes to pull up the multiple things that I have? Such as midi note for color midi note for gobo midi note for place on stage. Can I hit all 3 midi notes on measure 6 of the song & it work?
support
Administrateur

Re: General question?

Post by support »

It looks like you wish to drive each dmx channel with one midi message. And you want to program the lightshow with a track of midi messages, made by another software.

Our software does not have a "one to one" midi patch (one midi note for one dmx channel). Our software allows to program light scenes, and it is possible to trigger each light scene via one midi note.

So may be our software is not the best solution for you (?)
The Lighting Controller

Return to “ControlBoard”