Amber (?)

create lighting scenes for RGB fixtures

Amber (?)

Postby SirDAR » 02 May 2013, 00:24

Hello,

I have really enjoyed using Pixels. The interface is (jarringly) dated looking like the rest of Show Xpress (Please update the interface!) That said, I still enjoy using it. Plus I already invested in the interface. To the point though - Amber LEDs seem unsuable (more specifically, unaddressable) from within Pixels. Not to mention the color picker in Editor and Generator.

The only way I can include amber in a Pixels 'project' is to export it to Editor and modify amber in each step, individually within Editor, in the resulting scene. This is the tediousness/difficulty that Show Xpress, and Pixels most of all, was intended to reduce if not eliminate.

I understand the difficulty of, "How can we, or anyone, mix Amber? Colors are mixed with red, green and blue. Amber is not a primary color and is actually a product of mixing the primary colors". I get it. However, -some- way of controlling Amber within Pixels, even if imperfect, would be far better than nothing.

With Chauvet and other manufacturers selling/promoting fixtures with amber (and white) LEDs, it seems appropriate to support those advancements/additional features in Show Xpress. I lean toward Chauvet products when I can for ease of compatablity with Show Xpress. Without support for Chauvet products that interest me, I've lost the benefit.

I have many ideas but I've gone on long enough -and- you've probably thought of them - so please get creative (or tell me what I missed) !

Thanks in Advance,

-SirDAR
SirDAR

Re: Amber (?)

Postby support » 02 May 2013, 07:57

As you said, "amber", together with RGB, indeed makes no sence.
"amber" management is in the TODO list, but left aside for now, because only one person (you) asked for it.

PS: the looking of our screens is the price to pay, in order to have a multi OS (Windows & MacOS) software using native OS gadgets (buttons, sliders, ...).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Amber (?)

Postby oryansound » 29 January 2014, 05:03

RGBW would be a great addition, but I understand the problem.
oryansound

Return to Pixels