2011 December 18 > Pixels

create lighting scenes for RGB fixtures

Re: 2011 December 18 > Pixels

Postby pogjack » 17 January 2012, 05:19

Great. PC - XP laptop. I downloaded the files, went to >program files> showexpress> , then went to each of the other files, control panel, live, and pixel and replaced with the files I downloaded. I figure this is the correct way because when I only replaced the files under just the Showexpress folder it gave me an error and I had to reload the software.

Anyways, finally got it working right. Ran the program and the dmx issue issue works. Now the 7 channel light is being treated as a 7 channel light and not a 6 channel.

There is still an issue though. The 1st color channel is still wanting to be red, then green, then blue like the properties screen shows on the dmx setup in pixels.

Effect is a red screen with a yellow line moving to the right via on pixel (led fixture) at a time.

I ran it a couple of ways changing the actual setup of the fixture in the setup page (not in pixel) and it didn't matter where I moved the color channel to on the fixture the pixel program still only adjusted the first channel b/c it thinks that red is always channel one, green - channel two, and blue - channel three.

I know this is right, b/c I moved all three colors around in the main fixture setup screen and noted (on the dmx level screen) that only the first two dmx channels (for the red screen, then green to make to yellow stripe) was only activated, no matter where I put the colors in the fixture itself.

I'm sure I'll be using this program quit frequently to color scroll b/c it will be easier to set it up instead of individually setting each step.

Great job, just a few more adjustments and it'll be good to go.
pogjack

Postby support » 17 January 2012, 08:39

FYI, we make a nice show with Pixels in Namm this week in Anaheim USA.
This will help to find any other problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Alicefolie's » 18 January 2012, 18:49

Bonsoir,
on aura peut être droit à une p'tite vidéo !!! :D
Follement votre
Alice
Les folies sont les seules choses que l'on ne regrette jamais (Oscar Wilde)
Alicefolie's

Postby support » 18 January 2012, 23:15

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby tomrbland » 19 January 2012, 10:32

Looks fantastic. Whish I could be there. Hope you have a great show.
tomrbland

Postby support » 25 January 2012, 10:28

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby pogjack » 26 January 2012, 15:31

show looks great.

Have you been able to duplicate the issue I mentioned above. The dmx channels issue is fixed (was using one less channel than what was specified), but the other issue is still there where the program sets the red led first, the green second, and the blue third. It needs to be set so that it tells the light to turn on the led color not dmx value (which I'm sure you already know).

Anyways, I am looking forward to using this on my next drama. Its pretty easy once you get going on it.
pogjack

Postby support » 26 January 2012, 18:21

We do not understand this problem.
We just used Pixels in Namm show, and we did not see any bug.
Please send your lightshow, and tell us, with the minimum possible words, how to reproduce this problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby pogjack » 26 January 2012, 20:42

Ok I'll try to send it when I get a second later on tonight, but first.

When I looked at your show, all I saw in reality (not on the pixel program) was white lights being used only. There will be no problem when using white lights because all the LEDs are up.

But when you want a particular color say the Pixel show with the ?arch you have showing on the Youtube link noted above. The lights you are using have to have the RGB channels as RED, Green, Blue. If the RGB is switched as some of my LEDS lights are (say green, red, blue. . . etc), then the colors won't be as you wanted.

I noticed, and I tested it by switching the RGB colors around, that the pixel program is static on the RGB, red is always the first color dmx, Green is always the 2nd color dmx, and blue is third.

Just realizing that the program doesn't look at a particular light, but you still need to be able to address the colors as needed.

In a nut shell, I need to be able to rearrange my RGB colors in the pixel light setup screen as my actual light is. If Red is last, I need to tell the pixel program that my RED LED is last and not first.
pogjack

Postby support » 27 January 2012, 07:57

Understood.
Please note that with a simple explaination like "my LEDs are not in red/green/blue order, but they are blue/green/red order" (for instance), then we straight understand. English is not our native language, so the more literature there is, the more lost we are ;)

So China decided to not respect the RGB order !
Ok noted. China is the boss.
We will check the possibility to drive such LED equipment.

By the way, could you please tell us brand/model of this "exotic" fixture ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

PreviousNext

Return to Pixels