2011 December 18 > Pixels

create lighting scenes for RGB fixtures

Re: 2011 December 18 > Pixels

Postby tomrbland » 08 January 2012, 11:23

tomrbland

Postby Alicefolie's » 08 January 2012, 11:59

Bonjour,
j'avais 4 Bar Led Américan DJ 18X3W hier de sorties et j'ai testé rapidement Pixels (après plusieurs tentatives pour ouvrir V6.30...)
Même s'il y avait peu de barre pour avoir un bon rendu, c'est SUPER :D
Est il possible de créer ses propres animations? et comment faire pour ne pas avoir de couleurs de fond? (mettre le fond en couleur noire dans réglage RGB?)
N'ayant pas eu trop le temps je n'ai pas très bien compris à quoi servait (ni sur quelle résolution mettre) le réglage "gris résolution", je l'ai mise comme sur le tuto..
Merci pour cette nouvelle fonctionnalité!!!
Follement votre
Alice
Les folies sont les seules choses que l'on ne regrette jamais (Oscar Wilde)
Alicefolie's

Postby support » 08 January 2012, 18:14

Est il possible de créer ses propres animations ?

Pour cette première version, on ne dispose que de 3 principaux effets "chaser, rainbow et texte", avec pas mal de paramètres.

Comment faire pour ne pas avoir de couleurs de fond ?

Il faut cliquer sur "Annuler" dans le choix de couleur (ensuite la case "couleur" est barrée par une croix rouge).
Il faut ensuite jouer avec "pull effect to front" et "push effect to back" pour gérer l'ordre des effets.

A quoi sert le réglage "gris résolution" ?

C'est pour ajuster la résolution avec laquelle on veut représenter les points RVB.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Alicefolie's » 09 January 2012, 08:17

Bonjour,
Merci pour ces précisions, je testerai...
Follement votre
Alice
Les folies sont les seules choses que l'on ne regrette jamais (Oscar Wilde)
Alicefolie's

Postby pogjack » 09 January 2012, 23:21

By any chance would any of the other languages on be benefitial to me. I've downloaded the beta and Played with the pixels a small bit but still have questions.

If i am using a stageape 7 channel led how does it know what channels to use

Is there a more detail manual or has someone done a pixels for dummies video yet
pogjack

Postby support » 10 January 2012, 08:16

The fixture must be created from "Pixels" (pop up menu > "Add fixture") (Pixels does not read the profiles from "Setup").

There is no complete manual for Pixels yet. This software version with Pixels is only for users who have a good knowledge of our software. Since the concept of Pixels is same as general software concept, these users can easily use it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby pogjack » 11 January 2012, 02:43

Understood. Since I consider my self pretty good with the software I dived back into the pixels. Ok so I believe I figured it out. My only problem is that:

I have a 7 channel RGB LED light. One pixel. when I set it up, i set up for 0 first channels and 4 last channels, so that when I configure the "other channels", I can turn the 7th (dimmer) one at full. Red, Green, Blue are channels 1-3 and there are 4 other channels that make it a 7 channel light.

So I have the fixture dmx set to my led fixture ( 1 ). I set the other Pixel effects then play for review. I selected the dmx button and pulled up the dmx levels screen and noticed that it is only using 6 channels and not seven. The fixture in the pixel says (1 - 7), but only 6 channels are used because my dimmer is on channel 7 which needs to be up all the way, but only channel 6 on the dmx level screen is up.

When I tell it to have 5 channels after and turn the last fader up, then channel 7 on the dmx levels are up.

I hope this makes since, but it seems that the program is not recognizing a channel.

Is it supposed to recognize the three colors as (depending on your light) channels 1, 2, and 3 and then when you say 4 last channels, then you should be controlling a 7 channel light right?
pogjack

Postby pogjack » 14 January 2012, 16:24

Doing some more testing. I am able to get the program to work when I address my fixtures as such: 1 - 8, 8 - 15, 15 - 22, and so forth. Even though in our minds we are overlapping the channels, when you actually run the program and the last channel is turned on (this is the intensity dimmer channel) it actually is using the channel before (when you watch the dmx detail screen). For example, channel 8 is actually 7, and so forth.

Also, my colors weren't right. My fixture is set up as green, red, and blue. The pixel program is preprogrammed of order red, green, and blue. I figured it was set up to not move the channel address the color is set on in the pixel program, but the color address. But I found out that when you want a red effect, it will always move (say red is channel one on the pixel program) channel one and not my red channel on the fixture(may be channel two on the fixture).

I was able to move the colors around in the setup fixture and get it to show the colors I requested, but this is not how its supposed to be because of the fixtures.

Is anyone else been trying this out. I like the program alot and I'm sure will be using it for plays and dramas and such.
pogjack

Postby support » 16 January 2012, 08:26

We are working on the problem you said in your previous post (January 11).
Sorry for late reply.
There is a good chance all following problems come from the first problem.
Please wait for the fix of first problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 16 January 2012, 16:55

The fix is available here: http://download.thelightingcontroller.c ... indows.zip
Please replace your files by the attached files.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

PreviousNext

Return to Pixels