How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 10?!

already asked and answered questions

How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 10?!

Postby tonytone » 19 April 2018, 11:01

Sweetlight keeps saying "incompatible interface please remove it. Checked device manager, other devices shows "USB serial port" with exclamation mark. USB controllers shows "CABLE interface 64bits (2017_07)"

The drivers installed automatically without me doing a thing, also I cant install any drivers manually as windows 10 reports that the best drivers are already installed.

Can you not make things more simpler please as I've wasted a day of my life so far trying to get this to work and time is precious. :?
tonytone
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 19 April 2018, 08:52

Re: How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 1

Postby Luc Henrion » 19 April 2018, 11:31

This is strange: I have two WIN10 laptops and it installed and works without any issue...
Luc Henrion
 
Posts: 159
Joined: 30 March 2015, 06:57

Re: How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 1

Postby support » 19 April 2018, 13:27

The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur
 
Posts: 8448
Joined: 07 December 2009, 16:32

Re: How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 1

Postby tonytone » 19 April 2018, 16:20

Luc Henrion wrote:This is strange: I have two WIN10 laptops and it installed and works without any issue...


Yes it is strange, maybe the device I have is faulty. I do however find it strange to receive a device with no installation instructions. Could you let me know how you went about getting the product working please?

Thanks.
tonytone
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 19 April 2018, 08:52

Re: How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 1

Postby tonytone » 19 April 2018, 16:23

support wrote:https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=691


Hi Support, your support is too vague. Maybe its easy for you however its not as straight forward for me sorry. What am I supposed to do as I don't understand too well? Am I supposed to be applying some kind of fix?

Thanks
tonytone
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 19 April 2018, 08:52

Re: How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 1

Postby TimH » 19 April 2018, 21:43

Tony: what support is saying is that your interface has to match the name of the software, otherwise it won't work.

The interfaces SHOULD be plug and play with the latest version of windows 10 (all my interfaces were simply plug and play, no issues, no manual driver installation), however sometimes, if there is an error, Support has provided the drivers for you online here, to install manually should there be problems.

What Support is saying is that it looks like your software and cable don't match up. This software is sold under 3 different names, depending on country (ShowXpress, QuickDMX, Sweetlight). You must have an interface which matches the name of the software you're using, or vice versa. Support is saying you might have a ShowXpress cable, using Sweetlight (which wouldn't work). Please check and let us know if your brand names Match.

FYI the software is exactly the same under each name (no difference, show files are interchangeable etc), so if it turns out you have to swap from one brand name software to another, there should be no issues.
TimH
 
Posts: 292
Joined: 03 April 2017, 02:28

Re: How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 1

Postby tonytone » 20 April 2018, 09:09

TimH wrote:Tony: what support is saying is that your interface has to match the name of the software, otherwise it won't work.

The interfaces SHOULD be plug and play with the latest version of windows 10 (all my interfaces were simply plug and play, no issues, no manual driver installation), however sometimes, if there is an error, Support has provided the drivers for you online here, to install manually should there be problems.

What Support is saying is that it looks like your software and cable don't match up. This software is sold under 3 different names, depending on country (ShowXpress, QuickDMX, Sweetlight). You must have an interface which matches the name of the software you're using, or vice versa. Support is saying you might have a ShowXpress cable, using Sweetlight (which wouldn't work). Please check and let us know if your brand names Match.

FYI the software is exactly the same under each name (no difference, show files are interchangeable etc), so if it turns out you have to swap from one brand name software to another, there should be no issues.


Hi there and thank you very much for your detailed information. I installed Quick DMX and it now works. Is there anywhere on here that explains the information that you have given me? If not I think some simple installation instructions need to be posted on here in order to prevent people from guessing and searching for solutions. I thought it was a driver error after reading other posts and as a result I was on with Microsoft tech support for at least 2 hours trying to disable things in group policy to stop windows from automatically installing drivers. :(
tonytone
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 19 April 2018, 08:52

Re: How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 1

Postby TimH » 20 April 2018, 09:24

Hey mate,

Like I said, it's plug and play, so there should be no need for installation instructions. I'm glad that you found a solution and have it working. There is a post somewhere on here where Support has outlined the manual driver installation instructions, but this is only needed for people experiencing the rare driver error.

There should also be no need to specify the need to match the names of the interface to the name of the software in retail packaging, because they should be sold together.
TimH
 
Posts: 292
Joined: 03 April 2017, 02:28

Re: How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 1

Postby tonytone » 20 April 2018, 11:37

TimH wrote:Hey mate,

Like I said, it's plug and play, so there should be no need for installation instructions. I'm glad that you found a solution and have it working. There is a post somewhere on here where Support has outlined the manual driver installation instructions, but this is only needed for people experiencing the rare driver error.

There should also be no need to specify the need to match the names of the interface to the name of the software in retail packaging, because they should be sold together.


Yeah all I got was a box with a label saying sweetlight so one would assume the software to download and install would be the Sweetlight version.
tonytone
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 19 April 2018, 08:52

Re: How do you get the Sweetlight Cable to work on Windows 1

Postby TimH » 20 April 2018, 11:40

Well that's odd, I would have thought it would be a Sweetlight interface too. Where did you buy it??
TimH
 
Posts: 292
Joined: 03 April 2017, 02:28

Next

Return to Repetitive questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron